upgrading to a 1.3

chrissy

Ex. Club Member
what problems if any will i find with the nats system when i change the 1.0 to the 1.3??? any help or guidance would be appreciated on this one guys cheers.

Keep the same ECU - if not you'll have to go to Nissan for them to disable NATS, and that won't be cheap!

if you have trouble finding a non NATS 1.3 ECU then i recommend you go for a 1.6 ECU cos there are plenty of them :D

Dont expect it to work perfectly however..

lol yea i forgot that, they won't work perfectly. but i'm planning to fit a 1.6 throttle body and 1.6 ecu but ALSO i'm adding the idling loom from the 1.6 too.... a remap and then it should be a change for the better hopefully :)

i'll do a guide on how to add the idle loom if it goes ok ;)

thanks for the feedback so far guys im not goin to go about disabling anything what i had in mind was basically get myself a 1.3 block and ecu (non nats) change the ignition barrel with again a non nats one and that should all be o.k to get the engine to fire should it not???? i already have a toad system in my car with an imobiliser so that takes care of the risk of anyone nickin my car.

If you are just changing the engine then you will not have any problenms with NATS as you're not altering it, in fact, using the 1l ECU may even make the run a little bit sweeter.

using the 1l ECU may even make the run a little bit sweeter.

the ecu's are the same, the only diffrence between a 1.0 and a 1.3 is the engine size's.

i dont think you will have any trouble with the ecu or nats when changing engines over. when you have changed the engines over you may need to get your key fob re-coded at nissan. this depends weahter you disconnect the battery or ecu i think not sure.

the ecu's are the same, the only diffrence between a 1.0 and a 1.3 is the engine size's.

i dont think you will have any trouble with the ecu or nats when changing engines over. when you have changed the engines over you may need to get your key fob re-coded at nissan. this depends weahter you disconnect the battery or ecu i think not sure.

If you change the engine you can still run with nats fine, however, if you plan on changing the ecu, you'll need a nats ecu and then you'll need it re-coded by nissan.

Or you can put a non nats ecu in, and re-wire the pins on the loom into the ECU if you look around there's drawings of a NATS K11 ecu and a Non NATS K11 ECU.

The CG10 and CG13 ECU's are different, in regards to their mapping, and the CG13 will run better with the CG13 ecu.

No its not the 1.0 has slightly different fueling and ignition maps. And you dont need to recode keys, that has nothing to do with the actual engine. :)

Back