Upgrading battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
Hi guys,
Can anyone recommend a good battery that would last well when running audio for a while with the engine off?
I fear my battery may be on its way out with the cold weather and I thought I may as well upgrade if I do have to replace it.
Cheers
Joe

mmm, deep cycle arent designed for starting though are they really. I need one that will start and last okay.

oh and battery was flat again this morning :(

get two batteries from the scrappers. Put them in parallel... Jobs a goodun

mmm, deep cycle arent designed for starting though are they really. I need one that will start and last okay.

oh and battery was flat again this morning :(

actually that one is, it is still a car battery and will work like one, it is just alot more hardcore.

you could get this beast (which is what i will be running for the rally car)

http://shop.edoperformance.co.uk/braille-carbon-fiber-lightweight-battery-p-9356.html

and then get something else as a back up, like a motorbike battery, then have a split charge relay and you will probably loose weight and space but solve the problem.

your battery will keep going flat, once a lead acid battery goes flat it will never run the same again...

could you not run 2 batterys? one in the boot for audio, and one in the front for engine using a battery relocation kit???

yearh i hear those yellow batterys are good for audio, alot of people with a boot full of subs tend to use them.

Optima Yellow Top is ok, but quite overpriced.

Northstar Batteries are the best around (I've got the NSB-75 and it weighes a ton)...but again not cheap. It also weighes 27kg!

Deep cycle sealed batteries are fine for starting the car, mines still working perfectly and holds the voltage for quite a while.

It was what I was booming with at JAE 2008 at it never dropped below 11.8v at the amp terminals (so some voltage drop from front to back anyway) with the engine off, and that was with half an hour of music.

The good thing with deep cycles is that they don't get damaged if they are drained right down.

Have a look on the Talkaudio forums for recommended batteries (do a search)... www.talkaudio.co.uk/vbb but again it depends on your budget.

go to a caravan shop and get a deep cycle leisure battery, there sealed (well most of them) and are resonably prices compared with these "audio" batteries.

Or do that ^^^

Northstar batteries are not for audio, they were originally designed for high performance UPS's, etc.

halfords batteries... if you can convince them you are in the motor trade you can get a trade card.... it knocks off about 60% off the RRP of batteries. so a leisure battery 110ah instead of being £99.99 is just £44... just a thaught

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back