changing to a 1.3

fraz_micra_88

Ex. Club Member
after new year i will be putting a 1.3 in (well not me but someone lol)

i know search threads....but what i am looking for is a list of what exactly i need to change?

i have a nats ecu so can i keep this ect?

block,gearbox...what else?

cheers for your help fraz:alien:

you will have to keep the CG10 NATS ECU or use a non nats ecu and re-wire your loom into the ecu

You need the engine, gearbox, clutch, flywheel, rear gearbox mount, gear linkage, driveshafts all the pullies etc, preferably ecu if you can sort it out

diffrent engine bits are: crank, rods, pistons, cams and flywheel. the 1.0 flywheel fits the 1.3 and is lighter than the 1.3 flywheel.

you can do this with just an engine and box. it's advisable to use the 1.3 driveshaft as they use stronger cv joints.i'd recommend usung the flywheel from your cg10 because yours is a facelift (uses same clutch as 1.3 but lighter fly). also the crank pullie is lighter on cg10 and is a direct swop on cg13.
i'm sure you could get a 1.3 ecu with nats and get your keys coded in at nissan. but i've been running a cg13 on cg10 ecu for 4 months now and not experienced any problems. instead of buying a 1.3 ecu and getting it coded etc you could just get an apexi safc to sort out the fuel map.
everything else like gear box mounts and gear linkage is just mith!!! (on a facelift anyway!)
i am 99% sure the crank is the same

its just the stroke that changes
phil's right, the crank is the main difference between the two engines, that's how it makes the longer stroke. check out the link in my sig,

oh, i thought the stroke was all in the length of the con rods.... i stand corrected :)

the pre-facelift CG10 doesn't have a rear gearbox mount the CG13 does, so if it's prefacelift you'll need that, and the linkage for the gear lever to the gearbox IS different lenghts on a pre-facelift

the pre-facelift CG10 doesn't have a rear gearbox mount the CG13 does, so if it's prefacelift you'll need that, and the linkage for the gear lever to the gearbox IS different lenghts on a pre-facelift

i did say i was talking about the facelift, and fraz has a facelift. so all talk of pre-facelift in this thread is pointless.

that depends on if the doner engine comes from a facelift or a pre facelift

engine,
gearbox,
drive shafts (these aren't essential, but recommended),
thats all you'll need to get it working.

Today I got a Post facelift 1.3 gear selector, I have fitted this to a Pre face lift 1.0 to 1.3 conversion, and it does not line up, which is rather annoying.. out comes the welder......

Today I got a Post facelift 1.3 gear selector, I have fitted this to a Pre face lift 1.0 to 1.3 conversion, and it does not line up, which is rather annoying.. out comes the welder......

try and get a pre-facelift 1.3 selector. surley this would fit.

Yes it would, except I dont have time to get one. Its cut and welded now. I am going to try fitting it back on..

It worked fine. There are no probs with the linkage now :)

This is interseting! Im getting my hands on a 1.3 pre-face lift march in january to drop into my facelift, anyone know of anything else that needs changing?

Since your post facelift has the same gearbox for the 1.0/1.3 it should be a walk in the park. You shouldn't need to change anything other than the engine and ancalleriesm things like driveshafts etc are optional.

This is interseting! Im getting my hands on a 1.3 pre-face lift march in january to drop into my facelift, anyone know of anything else that needs changing?

are you just swapping the bottom end, cos don't you have a coil pack ignition iirc.

Oh right yeah...... forgot to mention what else is being done. I will be supercharging it, so will be using stand alone ecu. Fully balanced when finished although cant say when as it all depends on where im working next year!

Also going to take the rear disks and interior trim from this march so will be selling whats left (minus the electric folding mirrors!).

Just so you know OMEX standalone ecus work really well with the coil pack K11's. You will still need to make up a loom but all the sensors are compatible.

wasnt sure about keeping coil packs, but sure it would be interesting either way!
Do you have a link for the website?? Think ill get that first!

Gonna be a very satisfying yet expensive year!

http://www.omextechnology.co.uk/ you need the omex 600 ecu. Depending on weather you are going to turbo or not youll need the boost sensor and also the semi assembled loom and the aux wiring pack. You would be crazy to step back to a dizzy or something.

Well shes gonna be supercharged, although they say the maximum they take are dual coils.... you sure about that? Also do you have a link of where i can buy them or if you can supply, a price? Please

Edit: read again.... wasted spark, ok just price or link if you can please?

how much would all the parts cost? ex. labour... reckon you could get the engine and all the bits for under 1k?

you'd probably get an engine and box from a scrap yard for about £150 ish. i managed to find one private for £50 for engine, box and driveshafts.
you could buy a 1.3 micra for less than 1k, lol

Yeah Ed if you could get me prices for the bits and a quote on mapping! Im gonna be doing everything else myself just going to be on here asking for advice on a few things.
Its gonna have a complete engine overhaul and low comp pistons and conrods dropping compression ratio to approx 8.5:1, a price on those will be much appreciated!
I have alot of work to do excluding the engine i.e suspension, interior and body work so its not going to be a overnight job! lol

Unless you already plan on getting forged internals etc, then surely a cheaper way of lowering the ratio would be to get a thicker head gasket?

Im going to look into all options first rather than just go for the cheapest, yes fitting a copper performance head gasket has been though about but since im going to replace a number of items and possibly have it balanced (i have a freind who has a freind) might as well check prices!

DO NOT do the thick head gasket route if you want to do it RIGHT do it ONCE. Its a bandage for a bodge and something I would never recommend. Wrenchable I can get some pretty amazing copper gaskets with special sealing rings. I use these myself (and also on that 1.4 micra I linked to above) they are bullet proof :). You didn't make it clear weather you wanted a price on pistons and con rods or the ecu or both?

Cheers,

Ed

DO NOT do the thick head gasket route if you want to do it RIGHT do it ONCE. Its a bandage for a bodge and something I would never recommend. Wrenchable I can get some pretty amazing copper gaskets with special sealing rings. I use these myself (and also on that 1.4 micra I linked to above) they are bullet proof :). You didn't make it clear weather you wanted a price on pistons and con rods or the ecu or both?

Cheers,

Ed

can you get me a price on a high comp headgasket or do you not do these?

mike

It would be the same. I would need to check but they are around £150. Its also what I shall be using on the ST:)

Ed can you please get me prices on piston, conrods and the ecu please. By doing it right you can run more power for longer, safely!

I cant afford it right now cos labour is a killer but in a few years time... Id like to shove an SRD20 under the hood... ppl say 1k would do it... others say 4-6k if u want a proper job done... and mines an auto.. ye yeh it takes the fun out of driving but not for me... so may be i'll have the first 1.3 or 2.0 auto hehe... unless there is anyone who could do it all for under 1k then get in touch... I gots to save up.

I cant afford it right now cos labour is a killer but in a few years time... Id like to shove an SRD20 under the hood... ppl say 1k would do it... others say 4-6k if u want a proper job done... and mines an auto.. ye yeh it takes the fun out of driving but not for me... so may be i'll have the first 1.3 or 2.0 auto hehe... unless there is anyone who could do it all for under 1k then get in touch... I gots to save up.

give me a grand and i'll put a 1.3 in your auto. lol

Back