upgrading!!!

CMF_sonny peacey

» CMF Member
hi guys,
at the moment i have a 1.0l micra M plate, 54k on the clock, its my first car, and i love it. people always take the piss saying its a scrapper and a granny mobile.

i know as well as ou guys that the potential for the micra is unreal, obviously i cant bring every that slags my car off to my house and show them this site, which proves thats the micra can be a force to be recond with.

mods so far...
exterior,
15" fox racing alloys eith 15/55/195's on
open mouth grill (meshed)
micra rear window sticker
nissan rally rear quater stickers

interior,
yellow racing steering wheel
yellow pedals
yellow dash
yellow gear box gator
carbon gear knob
bucket seats
removed rear seats
carpeted rear
limo black tints (rear thrre windows)

performace/handling,
induction kit
straight through stainless steel powerflow exhaust with 3" tip
lowered 35mm
front upper strut brace.

in april im getting a super s in black, its going to have limo black windows, and white alloys, the induction kit,exhaust system, and cock pit is going in to it.

what else can i do to the 1.3 fairly cheaply, to get it to around 90-100bhp?? what sort of bhp would my little 1.0l be?

CMF_Ollie240585 MSC

» CMF Member
Off the top of my head a standard CG10 (1.0 Litre) is 54 BHP, as u've done no engine mods, urs will be around this mark. Maybe slightly more due to the back seats removed. The exhaust may have also helped slightly.

A stock CG13 is 75 BHP (me things) although having a higher spec will lower the BHP, IE power steering, air con, as these take power away from the engine.

To get around 90-100 BHP out of the CG13 (1.3L) a decent 4-2-1 manifold, either janspeed or maniflow which removes that restrictive CAT!!! A decent set of piper fast road cams would go down quite well to. You'll be looking at that kind of BHP with these modifications. My 1.3 with maniflow manifold, short shifter, K&N induction kit is doing a 0-60mpg in 9.6 seconds (time taken using a laptop and data cable) Uncertain of the BHP though.

CMF_Ollie240585 MSC

» CMF Member
Fair point Yom, I did only mean the front CAT though, I've removed mine, well replacing the manifold meant that it had to go. Does make a nice. Although I replaced the CG10 for a CG13, fitted the manifold, and short shifter all at the same time, so the power increase was extremly noticeable for me.

CMF_sonny peacey

» CMF Member
i will definaly get a manifold then, and see what sort of difference it makes, an go from there.

im thinking of getting some coilovers for the rear of the new car so it can be seriously low. can you get them costom made or will any work ok, i asume that as long as there the right bore at the top and bottom where the bolt goes throught they will be fine??

also is it easy to take the side rear windows out?
thanks guys sonny

CMF_Raceworx

» CMF Member
mine was dyno'd at 95.9 BHP with just a janspeed manifold de-cat and straight no box exhaust system oh and a crappy cone airfilter with no cld air feed..

powerprintout.jpg

thats a 1.3 youll be hard pushed on a 1.0 to get up to 100BHP n/a without spending alot..

Back