Upgrades??

CMF_Greo

» CMF Member
It all depends On wat u want from the upgrade.
Sway bars are in the 250 range and are a highly recommended Or strut brace. These will improve handling.
I have recently taken off that hose that connexts to the airbox and noticed a change in sound and low range pull of the car. Im looking to spend like 60$ on a pod, vent filter and flex piping to make a cold air system.

If u have read EBB's micro micra thread there is heaps of cheap mods to push more out of the engine.

CMF_D.K.C

» CMF Member
better off with a bigger rear swaybar than a front strut brace...
apart from shocks/springs, that's mod numero uno in most people's books.
Otherwise, as has been said before a thousand times on here, get a lightweight flywheel for your $500... wont really give you any more power, but the little power you do have will be much more fun to use.

CMF_wadek11

» CMF Member
D.K.C WROTE:

"better off with a bigger rear swaybar than a front strut brace...

apart from shocks/springs, that's mod numero uno in most people's books.

Otherwise, as has been said before a thousand times on here, get a lightweight flywheel for your $500... wont really give you any more power, but the little power you do have will be much more fun to use.

im just looking at whiteline swaybars how do you no whats front and whats rear or doesnt it matter??

CMF_daily_ricer

» CMF Member
Yeah I never understood the battery relocation thing either. I guess it is supposed to move some of the weight to the rear slightly? But unless your planning to strip the interior and race the thing I probably wouldn't bother.

Yom put a light weight gel battery under the passenger seat when he owned mine, it made it pretty easy to run the wires to the amp under the drivers seat lol.

For $500 you'd probably get the jun ultra light fly wheel imported and installed the way the exchange rate is at the moment. Or do it your self and have cash left to put toward the next steps.

CMF_Greo

» CMF Member
Gsl rally. Is where i got my panhard rod from quick response and sent it out as soon as they got it from sydney. i emailed the sales guy there for prices and can get the strut brace and both sway bars for 650 ish plus postage. Which is cheaper than directly from whiteline. Really good guys at gsl rally.

On the whiteline site it has a column with which area the part is located with a f or r to indicate area of the car.

Whiteline:  (prices from whiteline)
Tower brace (ksb605) $232
Front sway bar 22mm (bnf30) $204
Rear sway bar 20mm (bnr29z) $252
           or the 22mm (bnr29xz) $252

Gsl are approx 15$ cheaper than whiteline per part.

[email protected]

CMF_Greo

» CMF Member
The battery relocation is to compensate for the drivers weight. As batteries are typically quite heavy putting them at the rear passengers side helps to balance the load across the car.

Back