Planned upgrades + Opinions please =)

CMF_snaphappyalex

» CMF Member
Okay, Su just got myself a little k11 1.0 LX.
Plans so far are to be lowered by 40mm, Strut brace to keep geometry straight, Suspension with adjustable dampening, Polyeurothene suspension bushes, anti-roll bars front and back maybe a set of 14" lightweight alloys.
Brakes will be urated as will the calipers themselves, And a set of braided hoses thrown into the mix =)
Engine upgrades will be minor, only a decent intake system with a full Janspeed exhaust system.
Lastly, The whole ignition system will see vast improvements with aftermarket coils and leads, as well as pulse plugs anstead of spark plugs.
That will be about it =)
It's all about the handling for me =P

CMF_snaphappyalex

» CMF Member
P.S. Let me know what you think =) Or any other reccomended upgrades.
And dont say a 1.3 conversion =P I principally will not go over 1000cc as I dont believe in capacity, i believe in efficiency of whats already there =)

CMF_snaphappyalex

» CMF Member
I would LOVE a light flywheel, apart from the loss of tractability uphill, which is something the micra could do with keeping lol, But eitherway, I didnt know you could get them lightened, I thought you could only get them out of the box and I cant find one for the micra!

I reckon 15's would be a little to big on the micra, But then again, i havent mocked them up so I cant really tell.
djustable camber/caster on the front would be nice, With camber adjust on the rear.

For now, just a set of brembo drilled discs and some better pads will suffice, But eventually I would love to get a nice strong 4-pot caliper set-up on there with a rear disc conversion.

As to the Janspeed stuff, It's the only place I've found so far that has an out-of-the-box manifold that's half decent.

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
littlebear WROTE:

"Brake upgrade for a 1.0 - i like that...LOL

Best thing would be an ultralight flywheel.

lol, and x 2 on the flywheel :)
and get shut of that dire inlet cam alex (the one on the left)

Attachments

• 53639.jpg
    53639.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 20

CMF_snaphappyalex

» CMF Member
Looks like quite a low lift that does, And looks like quite a well made cam that can withstand high revs quite well due to the deceleration and acceleration...
But then again, What do i know... I'm just applying simple physics to what I think I see =P
You are on about the one all the way to the left, right?

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
snaphappyalex WROTE:

You are on about the one all the way to the left, right?

yes alex, far left (then 1.3, piper and autosprint), and its got a poxy 196deg duration too.
and dont believe that crap about hills and light flywheels, you can accelerate faster up a hill with a lighter f/w just the same as on a flat road :)

frank

CMF_snaphappyalex

» CMF Member
I know the power is exactly the same, It's the initial inertia of the engine. If the engine cant cope with the load on that gearing then all thats keeping it going up is the inertia of the flywheel. basically, having a heavier flywheel just delays the fact that you need to change down a gear by a second or two, thats all =)

What cams would you reccomend in the 1.0?
I'm after something with a lot of peak power, and less torque.
I use most of my power further up in the rev range anyway.

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
snaphappyalex WROTE:

What cams would you reccomend in the 1.0?

I'm after something with a lot of peak power, and less torque.

I use most of my power further up in the rev range anyway.

1.3 cams as a bare minimum alex and preferably an autosprint 260deg/10mm lift inlet cam, and yes you will only get decent output from the 1.0,s if you rev the nuts off it eh (have a read of baguete,s blog on MSC)

frank

Back