Performance upgrades

If it is the same size filter, and input and output pipe are the same size then how can it flow better? Is the micra filter a known limiting factor?
No. Its only a limiting factor on carburetted cars with weak/worn mechanical pumps.

That's pretty hard to believe considering the 1.3 which has 75bhp standard only does it in 11.6s
Hi why is it hard to beleave that's what the stop watch said why would I lie and who says the 1.3 does it in 11.6 a book my mates si does it 10.3 and that's standered except Ashley exhaust have we all got dodgy stopwatches

santapod drag strip and yes I think they use proper timing gear also I should think each driver would be different anyway speed of gear change,weight etc don't use sat nav's just an old map:p

santapod drag strip and yes I think they use proper timing gear also I should think each driver would be different anyway speed of gear change,weight etc don't use sat nav's just an old map:p
Your in a k10 though?
With a cg10?
So you've got an instant weight advantage over the k11.. making your claim more probable in my eyes

Your in a k10 though?
With a cg10?
So you've got an instant weight advantage over the k11.. making your claim more probable in my eyes
Erm no k11 s reg 1.0

Attachments

• IMG_0116.JPG
    IMG_0116.JPG
    849.9 KB · Views: 325
Homemade air induction kit,forced airpipe with propellers:Dand a sportex performance back box,lowered 40mm,nismo 13'' alloys

Another magical 10sec CG10?

I got 0-60 in 7.6secs the other day. No way to prove it. Jus' saying.

Homemade air induction kit,forced airpipe with propellers:Dand a sportex performance back box,lowered 40mm,nismo 13'' alloys

Elaborate?

The homemade induction is probably doing nothing for you, and the baxkbox would be marginal on a stock system.

Another magical 10sec CG10?

I got 0-60 in 7.6secs the other day. No way to prove it. Jus' saying.

Elaborate?

The homemade induction is probably doing nothing for you, and the baxkbox would be marginal on a stock system.
Well when I brought the car it was **** so first I added the induction kit and the difference was 100% better than the standered set up so it does do somethink right and the back box makes it sound just right

I have a 1.3 with almera airbox fed with custom ram air pipe, straight through pipe instead of a backbox, no interior and wide very grippy tyres and I measure about 10.5... 70kg driver too. That said Mine has got much longer gearing...

I have a 1.3 with almera airbox fed with custom ram air pipe, straight through pipe instead of a backbox, no interior and wide very grippy tyres and I measure about 10.5... 70kg driver too. That said Mine has got much longer gearing...
1.0ltr is like 100kg lighter though :p

i never knew drag stips did 0-60 times! 0-60ft yeh but not mph:confused:
They don't for public meetings my brother works there anyway we could all sit ere all day arguing about this to be honest if I wanted neck breaking speeds I wouldn't drive a micra everyday im not a spotty 18 year old who thinks my micra can burn off scoobys I will take on the matiz boys tho:D

Propeller. ...

noooo these are the work of satan.... wait till it explodes and throws plastic shards down your intake, and then wrecks everything. Burn it, bin it, do whatever but please take it off.

Propeller. ...

noooo these are the work of satan.... wait till it explodes and throws plastic shards down your intake, and then wrecks everything. Burn it, bin it, do whatever but please take it off.
Hi mine aint plastic its all alloy and different from the one pictured it works a treat we tried it out of the window ;)

Its still a bad idea..... personally I think it would be more use fitted in a cold air feed pipe... but not after the filter... would prob be a benefit at very low speed and in traffic.

Its your car though so please do what you like with it.. I just wanted to point out the potential problem.

Andy

Theyre all bogus :-D
I had one in my celica with the CAB mounted in the wing. I used it to push air into the turbo.. was proven to reduce spool time :) it did spin at 48,000rpm though (and not constantly)

Propellers are for physically pulling so it'll probably take off soon anyways
He probably means impeller

Either way unless is a slim multi blade design on a slim motor to reduce air resistance.... it'll be a hindrance rather than a help anything not electrically powered uses the engines precious air flow to spin

They are FANS. They are designed for moving large quantities of air, but cannot generate any meaningful pressure. For that you need a compressor which has a different body. These fans are axial design, to get compression from an axial fan you need to reduce the volume of the gas as it passes through. Fans don't do this, therefore you get no compression. No compression means no boost means no more power. Simply moving air at normal atmospheric pressure is a job the engine does with no issue.

Simply moving air at normal atmospheric pressure is a job the engine does with no issue.
The rest I agree with... but this bit I do but I have a point to make... if you leave your induction set alone they're fine or a properly set up one
But those silly wonton things that 'sound cool'... is the engine working harder to induct air

(Plus on a turbo application... simply moving a large quantity of air into the turbo is all you need. Choo choo does the rest :D)

The rest I agree with... but this bit I do but I have a point to make... if you leave your induction set alone they're fine or a properly set up one
But those silly wonton things that 'sound cool'... is the engine working harder to induct air

(Plus on a turbo application... simply moving a large quantity of air into the turbo is all you need. Choo choo does the rest :D)
Only a little bit... still moves better than an ebay fan ever will

Smaller Wheels > 421 > Decat > Good Fuel > Air Filter > fuel Mods
in that order for cheap mods is best imo.

I don't use a decat simply to trying and quiet mine.

Smaller Wheels > 421 > Decat > Good Fuel > Air Filter > fuel Mods
in that order for cheap mods is best imo.

I don't use a decat simply to trying and quiet mine.

don't agree on the smaller wheels, as rolling radius would be same

if you have a 1.0l

1.3L Swap > Frankspeed/4-2-1 mani > Peter Lloyd Exhaust System > Air Filter and if you has all the cash dolla > TURBO TIME!

Well I wouldn't call that an upgrade either, by reducing it your going to effectively reduce the gearing and have to sit at higher revs and on a 1,0l box that's already bad enough I wouldn't fancy that, and increasing its going to mess with the acceleration, and that's where micras are at their best

best to stick to stock rolling radius

I see where you're coming from and I understand what you're saying. It's all correct, what I'm referencing is 0-60 times. My acceleration improve sharply when I fitted my 13's with 175-50-13's on.

For me certainly it was a pseudo power gain. Certainly not a gain in bhp.

I see where you're coming from and I understand what you're saying. It's all correct, what I'm referencing is 0-60 times. My acceleration improve sharply when I fitted my 13's with 175-50-13's on.

For me certainly it was a pseudo power gain. Certainly not a gain in bhp.

Yep acceleration will improve, but when you go on a long motorway drive, youll need to sit at a higher RPM to get to 70 = more fuel and noise

Sorry I should have mentioned I've got a 1.3. It makes the gearing a happy medium between the 1.0 and the 1.3 in a way. My gf has a 1.0 and I can notice the difference, especially as I once had 195-50-15's on at one point but the acceleration was terrible.

In connection to what you're saying though yes, I did subsequently use less revs and less fuel, which was handy travelling 60 miles a day to and from work.

Back