CMF_pathola

» CMF Member
Hi,
Did some changes to my 2000 March during the week end

1. NGK Platinum plugs
2. NGK Plug wires - mechanic saod i need them to support the new plugs
3. Perfomance Air filter.
4. Greddy's breather filter.

I feel that the car is going with much ease but not so sure about the guys work.

Any ideas how i can check, wether a correct job has been done or could anything go wrong ?....Any comments will be much appreciated...

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
Does your march have coil packs on each cylinder or does it have a distriubtor?

I'm skeptical of the new plug wires. But if it is a dizzy-based CG then new spark plug leads never hurt.

if you have coil packs though, I'm 99.9% certain you may have been taken for a ride in regards to the spark plug leads.

I understand the oil breather is for the rocker cover? Just make sure it doesnt fall off. Might get an oil slick in the engine bay if that happens.

Also now if you do indeed have platnium plugs (you will need to pull them out and read the model number to find out if they are platnium or not) you shouldnt have to change them for at least 50,000km. Yay. :)

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
barrel?

Do you mean like a 'canon' muffler? (actually, its more of an amplifier in my ears)

If so, that thing alone won't be doing more than just making lots of noise. :)

For a decent exhaust on a non forced 1.3 you should be looking at a 2" press bent system from the catalytic converter back. If you want to keep the cannon muffler, i would advise instructing the exhaust shop to fit the biggest resonator possible to quieten the exhaust down (even then it doesnt quieten it down as such, it just changes the note and pitch of the exhaust, makes it deeper).

CMF_pathola

» CMF Member
Man that's some Greek to me !

what i have done is fitted a stainless Barrel in place of the normal one towards the end. The end is about 3" and soesn't make much noise as such but gives a pleasent beat. I dunno weather it's a mind thing but felt as if the car pulls better after installation.
Roads of Colombo are filled with March's and mine is one of the faster ones !

Back