Upgrades

CMF_Wallie

» CMF Member
id start with Brakes, N14 1.6l or GTiR calipers upgrade be the best bang for buck upgrade from the crap standard breaks.

i guess i depends on what sort of power your chasing, N/A you can get away with intake, exhaust, ecu chipped will see about 70fwkw.
anymore and you would have to look into turbo or supercharger.

CMF_Doom

» CMF Member
Would an emanage blue piggy back be of benefit with exhaust and intake? Would it gain much power with a tune?
How much more can the standard injectors take before they max out?

CMF_Wallie

» CMF Member

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
the stock injectors are capable of 110hp apparently, tho 80% duration means you,re squirting fuel at a closed inlet valve for part of that 80% eh.
and i dont buy that pinched regulator hack personally, praps someone will explain ?

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Wallie WROTE:

"this thread mentions around 80kw on a stock computer using pinching to trick the regulator that it needs more fuel

It's not really 'tricking' it. By pinching the return line, you're doing the exact same thing the fuel reg is meant to be doing - keeping a certain pressure in the rail. The pressure to the rail has increased because even though the stock reg has reached it's 3-bar (~45PSI) limit, the kink is bringing it up higher again. The way Cisco did it was a super dodgy way of increasing fuel rail pressure. If you want to reliably increase rail pressure to squeeze more out of the stock injectors, use an adjustable fuel pressure reg.

Also, many years ago when I put Hurricane headers, a 2" Mandrel-bent exhaust and high-flow cat on my CG13, I took it in to a place to get the mixtures checked and it was fine. These days if you wanted to squeeze every last bit out of an N/A setup on the cheap, you'd go the Nistune route with an adjustable FPR, or UK GA16 injectors or CGA3 top-feed rail and injectors. You're only limited by your imagination.

---dens

Back