Performance upgrades

Hi,
Just looking to gain a few horses for cheap money,
im currently running:
cheap air filter
De silenced rear silencer( straight through )
Exedy clutch
Full service ( oil,coolant, oil filter,spark plugs, thermostat,fuel filter, waterpump, new belts)

car has been times 0-60 10.3 seconds

Any cheap gains i can get from other nissans in the scrapyard? or anything cheap online?
thanks

get a K&N pannel filter remove ur stadard air box pipine n put a bigger pipe in to a cold air duct get a fuel pressure reg and set it to 3 bar get NGKsuper4 pluggs i think there called ones with 4 electrodes and advance ur timing then get a peterlloyd rally exhaust :)

likewise noticed a difference in breaking agility and oomph when i only went round in a drivers seat recon i lost a good 50kgs in spare wheel jack seats carpets parcel shelf etc due to 2 fish tanks exploding and flooding out the old girl really made a big difference ;)

get a K&N pannel filter remove ur stadard air box pipine n put a bigger pipe in to a cold air duct get a fuel pressure reg and set it to 3 bar get NGKsuper4 pluggs i think there called ones with 4 electrodes and advance ur timing then get a peterlloyd rally exhaust :)

An Almera GA16 airbox coupled with a GA snorkel will see better gains than an overpriced filter and a big hose.

Upping the fuel pressure won't do much.

And the Bosch Super 4s have mixed reviews.

An Almera GA16 airbox coupled with a GA snorkel will see better gains than an overpriced filter and a big hose.

Upping the fuel pressure won't do much.

And the Bosch Super 4s have mixed reviews.
theres lots of ways todo it and all diff opiions too basicly mix and match n see wht u like i say :)

An N/A engine will only take in what air it needs and the subsequent amount of fuel. Upping fuel pressure simply squirts it in faster
A ga airbox will give better gains because of flow. Oncoming air flow is more beneficial and useable than cold air slapping an argos filter... as the engine then has to work to suck that in.. hence "go faster" noise. Air will take the route of least resistance... in this case around the filter.
Ga snorkel air flow positively draws air in :)
Bosch super 4s are fine but the spark will only jump to the nearest electrode so have to be properly gapped to be effective and an uprated coil and leads to make good use of em

Just my 2 cents ;)

got the car de limited tonight by a micra guru i know haha, something about taping something on the distributer ?? i dont know but these are the results
Old
1-30
2-55
3-81
4- cant remember
5- 97

New
1-40
2-60
3-85
4-115
5-havent been up there yet lashing it haha

car is a little animal now, looking at a ga16de throttle body next :D

i only get like 85 in my 1.0 its got full servicing and 50,000 mile so the engine isnt in bad nick any guesses i am currently running a aftermarket filter and a cold feed into it but before you say it, it was same before :S

You seem to have the world's fastest 1.0. Ever.

Do you have a rev gauge?

I read the tape mod messes up the ignition timing and should be avoided .

Any chance of proof of these claims?

You're saying that your almost stock 1.0 is quicker than a stock 1.3, with the mods that you have said that you've done have no real performance gains, with the exception of a good service using quality parts.

As far as i know bagacetes 1.0 only had some serious power without forced induction, but analogue 0-60 should be possible with 13 inch 155s on as thr clocks will read out.

My ma10 was silly quick but the mod list was quite extensive also. No proof apart fron friends etc as witnesses :/
Not to mention a fully stripped out car

Most of the time with serious performance upgrades you get what you pay for, so cheap performance upgrades, Eg Chinese ECU Chips/Turbo kits are a no no.

You might be able to Salvage some parts from an Almera at a scrappy such as injectors or a larger air box, usually when you start messing with the fuel ratios to high degree you will need change your ECU etc...
At the end of the day your not going to get much more out your 1.0 without spending a lot of money which would be a waste when you could put the 1.3 lump straight in.

Remember "No replacement for Displacement" :)

duno about 1.0Ls, but my 1.3 Si did 116mph on std rev limiter on 195/50/15 on the rolling road at TDi North

Do you have a rev gauge?

The way i understand it is theres a small hole in the distributor wheel that governs the rev limit. the sensor within the distributor cannot "see" the metal between the last long hole and the small hole at 6800rpm, effectively making the long hole longer still, thus retarding ignition and creating a rev limit, by stopping the engine firing properly.

This small hole is also used to show tdc at cylinder No. 1 according to the full service manual.

duno about 1.0Ls, but my 1.3 Si did 116mph on std rev limiter on 195/50/15 on the rolling road at TDi North

Do you have a rev gauge?

The way i understand it is theres a small hole in the distributor wheel that governs the rev limit. the sensor within the distributor cannot "see" the metal between the last long hole and the small hole at 6800rpm, effectively making the long hole longer still, thus retarding ignition and creating a rev limit, by stopping the engine firing properly.

This small hole is also used to show tdc at cylinder No. 1 according to the full service manual.

I find it also makes a difference what your comparing it too, if your driving around with your friends who have 1.4s and 1.6s etc... Then it makes you feel sooo slow in a 1.0.
Then again if your driving with other 1.0s I usually feel fairly nippy :D

have started to gather a few bits to build a quick 1.0,
parts have:
ga16de Airbox with new filter
g15 throttle body
De-Limit
Exedy clutch

parts need:
200sx fuel filter
adjustable fuel regulator
g15 pink injectors
magnecor ht leads
denso iridium plugs
De-cat/4-2-1
Ecu re map

You may think why its only a 1.0 micra, but to see the face on people when i pull away and can say its only a 1.0 ;)

have started to gather a few bits to build a quick 1.0,
parts have:
ga16de Airbox with new filter
g15 throttle body
De-Limit
Exedy clutch

parts need:
200sx fuel filter
adjustable fuel regulator
g15 pink injectors
magnecor ht leads
denso iridium plugs
De-cat/4-2-1
Ecu re map

You may think why its only a 1.0 micra, but to see the face on people when i pull away and can say its only a 1.0 ;)
Air box and decat/421 are only things that will gain you any power there.

a 200sx filter as it is same size as micra filter yet it allows more fuel through , ive been told to do all this by a lithuanian mechanic who builds micra beasts, if i find a 1.3 i will put it in and put all of this stuff onto it, decat first , second or both?

If it is the same size filter, and input and output pipe are the same size then how can it flow better? Is the micra filter a known limiting factor?

Back