brake upgrade options for the k10

superls

K10 Tuner
well, after reading a couple of threads about brake upgrades, i didnt get a definative answer to wheather almera 1.6 brakes would fit behing standard 13" K10 wheels.

but i can now 100% confirm that K10 13" steel wheels will fit over almera 1.4 brakes, as i have just tried it on my mates almera.

also last week when i went to the local motor factors they told me that the 1.4 brakes are identical to the 1.6 ones,

So to conclude, almera 1.4 / 1.6 brakes will fit behind k10 13" steel wheels

just need to get some k11 hubs then i can do the upgrade.

thats all

OP
OP
superls

superls

K10 Tuner
hi mate, no worries it only took 5 mins anyway, so did u have the k11 hubs with the almera calipers? ive heard that i will need k11 trackrod ends, is this also the case?

quickdraw

Ex. Club Member
erm well i have a double garage and my lockup lol

could most prob build about 3 micras if im honest :p

i really dont know the amount of stuff i have there its not catalogued lol

OP
OP
superls

superls

K10 Tuner
well just got back from the scrappers, both front hubs, £20, not too bad i thought, compared with the £45 i got quoted elsewere, just need the calipers now

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
cailpers from scrapper, re-build them and buy new discs and pads job done :p i was led to belive 1.4 and 1.6 brakes where diffrent!? :S

OP
OP
superls

superls

K10 Tuner
well dan when i went to auto supplies, he told me that the disks, pads and calipers are all the same, plus ive got nissan fast and that gives the same part number for the ga14 and ga16 engined cars.

and i will be buying new disks and pads, (~£50 for new mintex ones), and i cant find any calipers in the local scrappers. also where would i get rebuild kits for them from? nissan?

alien10

Ex. Club Member
so if iam reading this right, to upgrade my brakes i need

1 - k11 front hubs
2 - k11 calipers
3 - k11 brake disks & pads

and the will be a straight swop for the k10 hubs.

do i need to change my brake lines or are they ok to use, and iam guessing the hubs have the same pcd as the k10's

Ceirwan

Ex. Club Member
I think you need the K11 hub carriers as well as the calliper will be in a different place due to the bigger discs on K11 brakes, thats what i surmise from the guide in the K10 DIY guides section.
Thats if your going to k11 brakes.

alien10

Ex. Club Member
excellent, cheers quickdraw, right now on the look out for some k11 hubs, carriers and calipers.

iam guessing that the hubs have the same pcd as the k10's for my alloys

OP
OP
superls

superls

K10 Tuner
ill be fitting my almera 1.6 setup tomorrow hopefully, got k11 hubs for £20, almera 1.6 calipers for £30 and new mintex disks and pads for £60, just better hope it all bolts together, lol.