Typical Corsa driver!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
corsa is 90bhp i think dunno torque

the newer 1.2 sxi has 75bhp same as k11 maybe better to use that one, again dunno anymore details on them

Dr Zoidberg said:
corsa is 90bhp i think dunno torque

the newer 1.2 sxi has 75bhp same as k11 maybe better to use that one, again dunno anymore details on them

so it has 16bhp more on paper but the k11 will "have" it,,,,,factory stats are rank and everyone knows it,,

james does have plans for his K11 and hes not talking about those crappy 25bhp ebaymods either :rolleyes:

Ed will be doing the mechanics side of it so expect something insane lol. Hes already got the cams & janspeed stuff on the way.

RIK said:
factory stats are rank and everyone knows it,,

agreed mate, which is why i look forward to your 1/4 runs in the 160sr :)

if eds building james' then it will be nuts, 171bhp from a 930cc motor still amazes me

mark,,i cant be botherd too register on the saxo site,i would argue too much and loose to them :D,,,whats sporty about micras..ha sleeper car or wot

but could you ask what torque the vts has,,they will know better than me finding out from the net

edit:too late ive registerd :eek:

"Typical Corsa driver" ok... so what all the corsa's you see driving around you are like this? where the EDITED do you live?
171bhp nice, how much money did he chuck at it to get that power out of a 930cc engine?
Spend the same amount of money on a VTS as the micra and the VTS will win hands down..
"whiteline kit.... so thru the bends" erm ok then do afew choice suspension mods to the VTS which will work out prob cheaper than the whiteline kit and then your again being beated by the VTS and VTR..
Im sure me and afew of the saxo owners would be more than happy to let you guys have ago round a track, i'll be happy to race james' aswell.

awretham said:
"Typical Corsa driver" ok... so what all the corsa's you see driving around you are like this? where the (edited) do you live?
171bhp nice, how much money did he chuck at it to get that power out of a 930cc engine?
Spend the same amount of money on a VTS as the micra and the VTS will win hands down..
"whiteline kit.... so thru the bends" erm ok then do afew choice suspension mods to the VTS which will work out prob cheaper than the whiteline kit and then your again being beated by the VTS and VTR..
Im sure me and afew of the saxo owners would be more than happy to let you guys have ago round a track, i'll be happy to race james' aswell.

do you know what 930cc engine this is?...go search quick,,and probly about as much money as youv spent on your body kit and neons :p

we was comparing a standard VTS to a tuned k11 1.3 micra,,,so no mods for you ok

Ok well 1st off there you guys go again with tarring 1 group with 1 stick... all saxos dont have bodykits and neons, if you must know mines turbo'd so stick that in your pipe and get smoked..
Anyway if we're comparing a mod'd micra to a standard vts then yea I would have thought it would be alot closer but still I doubt the micra would really have a chance, sorry.
What sort of mods? if you slap a turbo on then yea of course but if your talking about an airfilter and full exhaust then no.

we was on about n/a micras

and the neon/saxo thing is as standard as on your forum with grannys and micras,,call it even

lol ok I was going to post that but yea ok we'll leave it at that :)

Ok na micra vs standard vts, going on the 16.8 1/4 of the mildly tuned micra I would say it maybe close but standard my m8 got 15.7 down the pod with his totally standard vts.

Jesus, I go away for the day and come back to see a flame going on :). Crickey, I didnt expect this to happen :)

It's quite amuzing.

Skyliner34 said:
Jesus, I go away for the day and come back to see a flame going on :). Crickey, I didnt expect this to happen :)

It's quite amuzing.

not really a flame,,lol

all that had was a 4-2-1 and zorst system,induction kit

a better setup,such as rite wheels and tyres and weight loss can improve on this,

then u can add cams and piggy back(is this slight tune?) and will take it past vts level

Yea true, setting up the suspension for the 1/4 mile will even shave abit off the time, but all this won't just beat a standard vts..
Cams and a remap is a step up from 'slight' tuning but will see off a standard vts but even then it would be close.

ok dude,,if you read the thread on your club site,things may get interesting at pod next year :D

wish i had my tuned k11 now :( missin all the fun

personally i dont think a tuned n/a 1.3 will beat a standard vts but a vtr is a different kettle of fish
i think a 1.3 tuned would easy cain a VTR anyday

dont underestimate a VTS, they are quick little buggers!

I've had a 106gti and they are pretty much the same, and it was very nippy! 120 or 130bhp depending on year, and iv seen them run low 15's with pretty much a standard engine!

The VTR would be more of a good comparison id imagine!

sorry if thats already been said, not read all 4 pages!

Mark said:
What can modded K11's do 1/4mile in?? I know one that can only muster 18.1 :)

dont like my car do ya mark lol

ive always said that vts' are quick and a k11 will never beat one unless your around 115bhp plus figure.

vtr's are a more sensible target, ive beaten one i have no idea what mods were done to it but ive got raceworx to back me up on that, ive also ''HAD'' lol a fiesta zetec s and a 106 xsi. i know my 1/4 times are pants but i know for a fact my car is quicker on the road, proven by jim over at jap-n-crazy.co.uk who will admit he ran 3/10 quicker than me at the pod but i went past like he was stood still on the way home and ive also had minty (also fronm jnc) compliment my effort against his modded 306 xsi. these are all real life encounters with back up of my efforts so unless you can say yes ive done it with so and so to back you up, then quit talkin cack lol

well interesting thread this, as tommo ses its good to see a nutral thread not slagging aither side or other, how bout a full on msc vs saxo club battle next year for a bit fun ? im well game.

yeah it could have got nasty wen i was asked why dont i buy a saxo :D but knew it would be mayhem between the two forums, lmao

santa pod clash would be great fun ,also ide love to see some whitelne kitted k11 do some track with a saxo

Arnold said:
james does have plans for his K11 and hes not talking about those crappy 25bhp ebaymods either :rolleyes:

Ed will be doing the mechanics side of it so expect something insane lol. Hes already got the cams & janspeed stuff on the way.
All I'm going to say for the time being is I'm aiming for the fun side of 130bhp :cool:

i have a Saxo VTS did a 15.1 at santa pod last year standard car!

can't see a k11 doing that!

yup yet, a vts (standard) is my target to beat lol

maybe this thread should be renamed or split as it started about a chav being a moron in his corsa lol gone a bit off topic now

yeah i cant get off the damn site (mite buy one) lmao

jus havin a lil chat with them

micras a better car ful stop obv cos i owned a k11 and now a k12

but even some of those guys said they wouldnt underestimate a micra,,

Standard saxo VTS 15.1 are you sure about that! (No offence but I doubt it - unless you have a time slip to prove it with?)

A friendly meet sounds good fun tho. Would make a change from jap only events.

we would be beaten by most of them,but everyone seems to have big plans for 2006,and by wot people are saying,we will have new records and a good competetive day of driving

Just read the saxo thread. Some nice and fast cars there. All the quick ones are forced or n20 tho. Nice to see things from the other side however :)

yeah kinda shut me up didnt it lol

never mind eh,,learned abit from all of this,

talking to titch on msn earlier and i was saying i think a k11 could reach the sub 16secs n/a no problem

some will disagree here but thats wot i think,,if titch and chie can get 16.8 with ther cars, im sure 0.9 can be shaved off that

edit..lol has anyone read the bit were a guy says he was in a vtr and the driver had his arse handed to him on a plate by a tuned k11?,,,,,,,anyone gunna claim it?

RIK said:
edit..lol has anyone read the bit were a guy says he was in a vtr and the driver had his arse handed to him on a plate by a tuned k11?,,,,,,,anyone gunna claim it?

Um me??!

Jst noticed this thread and yea i'm well game. George and i have been working on a few diffrent things lately so i'm up for a bit of VTS chasing and VTR cuffing :)

When i ran 16.9 i was desperatly overfueling and running on standard tyres so i think i could get it down more. Take out extra weight (cameraman) and deff i think i could. Chie however will deff be the K11 that i'd put money on. His new engine that he's been working on will have a Very good chance against VTS's, but i really cant see me or anyone else (apart from Ed :)) catching/beating one.
I still need a re-map done on mine to see what i'm pushing out - but my car is now going to sleep for the winter so won't be till next year when it come back to play.

As for handling - i challenge anyone(k11 or Saxo) to against me.
Titch :kungfu:

Perhaps a sprint day at that sprint track then. It will test driver skill, car power, and handling.

i mentioned we was planning this to the ssc lot,,and they all sounded up for it,(they dont like straight lines)

i posted in the thread about the track raceworx posted up,,if we can sort funds from both sides it wil be alot cheaper,and bring on the jtuner mag,,will be a great day out,,,please sum1 organise this :)

that might be me if no one else wants to. I'll look into it later this week,

cool Ed!

but they think the track we was talking about is "gay" cos it aint a proper track??

things you have to do to please people eh :)

Mark said:
The amount of morons around where i live who drive corsa's which look like they have had a accident with a halfords display stand is untrue.

I love it when they try to overtake me lol.

just dont try and race a metro GTI, I found out the hard way :wow: 103bhp standard!!! ahhhhhhh sllllllleeeeepppppeeeerrrr there ****** rapid lol

my super s cained one of them.. I proved it a couple of times, chie can back me up. Metro that is.

BTW: whats with the all caps for this forum skin, and how do i change it?! :S

Have a look under the halloween thread in msc news i think it is, changed mine straight away back to normal, first one was nice but not easy on the eye with all the caps etc.

chie just informed me it was a GTa, not GTi. Totally forgot there was a GTa. Not sure what they are though? 1.4 carb'd ?

erm,,rover=poo poo both

dunno mate,seen em but dunno the engine

gta is the 1.4 givin bout 90bhp iirc. yes the vts will probably cain most of us in standard trim but theyre 1.6 16v not a 1.3 16v. you wack a 1.6 in a micra and its gonna shift.

59 bhp is more than enough said:
gta is the 1.4 givin bout 90bhp iirc. yes the vts will probably cain most of us in standard trim but theyre 1.6 16v not a 1.3 16v. you wack a 1.6 in a micra and its gonna shift.

yep i proved this,and j.a.kelly has,,,they really do shift

Standard VTS is quicker top end (just) than a standard ST. Although the ST is much quicker upto 80-90. On this basis most K11's here wouldnt stand a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back