Turboing a Stock 1.3

CMF_MicrallicA

» CMF Member
hi all, new to the forums..

thinking of buying a 1.3 micra but want a little more power then stock.. somehting zippy for daily driving.

originaly i was thinking of doing a heap of head work, intake (possably quads) and exahsut, ECU.

but reading through the forums it seems as tho bang for buck in in the turbo conversions.. question is:

my car wont be able to be off the road for more then a couple of days at a time.. so rebulding the bottom end is out of the question.. just wondering if the stock engine can be turboed and stay somewhat reliable... if so what levels of boost would be maximum on the stock engine? and what kinda power figures would i be looking at achiving

or would going the N/A path turn out to be just as power full as the turboed stock engine

(yes i ran a search but nothing i could find really answered my questions)

thanks

CMF_makes

» CMF Member
Hi Micrallica,

This has been discussed before on the forums and the general concensus from Turbo owners seems to be that for a standard motor 6-7psi should be OK with proper fuel & engine management.

I recommend you check out the specifications of micras owned by "AAron" and "Family Hack" on the following page. These are excellent examples of turbo micras running standard engine internals. Hopefully will give you an idea of what you will need to perform the conversion.

http://www.micra.com.au/community/forced-micras.php

CMF_MicrallicA

» CMF Member
thanks for that link :)
i didnt come across that when i did the searching :p my bad

anythink this route would be more benificial over the n/a route i spoke of?

CMF_MicrallicA

» CMF Member
wow. 90ish fwkw with the stock engine.. thats pretty impressive

Attachments

• 14185.jpg
    14185.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 37

cisco

» CMF Member
You'll never get the NA engine to produce the same amount of torque as a turbo engine. A turbo engine will produce LOTS more torque. It has outright advantages over NA when both cars are tuned to the max. You can't compress the air on an NA engine, so the volumetric efficiency is always going to just be approaching a limit of 100%, but no more.

Back