Who Knows the 1.3 Stock Engine AFR Readings.

solarice

Ex. Club Member
I say 1.3 but its probably the same range for the 1.0 aswell.

Can anyone tell me how far the accelerator pedal has to be down before the 14.7 AFR cruise target is ignored. Im trying to set mine for cruise (about time haha) and cant remeber what the stock engine setup does. :(

I've hand a look and cant seem to find any info...looking on the wrong place?

Bascally need info for up to 25% throttle...1st upto 5th (anything above that and im on boost). Would this all fall into that 14.7 AFR ecu target ? I have a feeling it would as its not alot of throttle and in 5th its about 60mph or so.., but hopefully someone can say yay or nay.

Cheers.

ED keeps telling us that the stock ecu is "closed loop in entirety" kris, and baguete said you have to hit extreme parameters to force open loop
you can see on my dyno printout how it doing its best to keep it closed even at wot

but this aint closed loop at wot tho eh :wasntme: (GA16 t/b and QG injectors)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0sfY4dVcqM

Attachments

• SDC11788.JPG
    SDC11788.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 254
The ecu does under normal conditions, (at least it tries to), except for when the vehicle is cold, in which case it ignores lambda feedback. Hence your graph showing a good steady AFR, wasn't that dyno printout from when you wired in an additional CTS mounted on the dash, thus reading <50C?

Regarding the GA16 TB and QG18 injectors, you'd be lucky for the ECU to be able to maintain stoich on that setup, I doubt the ECU will be able to hold any control with the modifications you have made, especially when the injector and MAF scaling will not be correct. It will however make a gallant effort and from the look on your video seems to be doing a reasonable job on cruise.

the fluctuating voltage on that vid was a little higher than normal lowrider (.4 to .7v eh) it may be because i was cruising at a higher rpm at the time (4k)
here,s a vid of it cruising at 2k, and easily keeping stoich at .3 to .6v http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNVQ0DdG8o4
and fitting that t/b and injectors has made more difference to the running of the car than any of the other mods so far, i doubt if they would suit a stock 1.3 engine, but they suit this current setup (i have to wait another 4 weeks , to prove it at shakie,s tho :doh:)
the 2nd coolant sensor is removed now btw

Yeah i know mine used to try and force 14.7 at idle and that the bigger injectors made it impossible for it to achieve stoich when driving (stock ecu controlled), as of now it cant get anywhere near stoich (unless i let it) and the stock ecu seems to not care lol...it was idling around 12 / 13 AFR a couple of days ago until i tweaked it.

But then the stock ecu isnt getting any lambda signals anymore, so its pretty much running blind. :D

Cheers guys, guess i'll just keep adjusting as i was, just wanted to make sure i wasnt stealing "normal" power from the engine.

Back