turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi there was wondering if it is possibale for the k10 ma12 engine will flow a t70 xs power turbo, it has a very big diam of 70mm on the exhaust end, started to open up the exhaust ports on the cylinder head to 35mm, but dont think it would be possibale to put 35mm exhaust vavles, in as the inlet would be the same and they would hit on overlap, hoping to run it on a set of bike carbs, want to use the conrods and pistons out of the k11 1.0 as they a 71mm bore but sroke is smaller so compression would be lower and engine should rev more higher, hope to make 300bhp is the possiable i think it can be if you can get 1500bhp out of a 1500cc f1 engine. any tips would be helpfull thanks kev (Y)

hi there was wondering if it is possibale for the k10 ma12 engine will flow a t70 xs power turbo, it has a very big diam of 70mm on the exhaust end, started to open up the exhaust ports on the cylinder head to 35mm, but dont think it would be possibale to put 35mm exhaust vavles, in as the inlet would be the same and they would hit on overlap, hoping to run it on a set of bike carbs, want to use the conrods and pistons out of the k11 1.0 as they a 71mm bore but sroke is smaller so compression would be lower and engine should rev more higher, hope to make 300bhp is the possiable i think it can be if you can get 1500bhp out of a 1500cc f1 engine. any tips would be helpfull thanks kev (Y)

F1 engines produce around 700bhp, and do so at around 17k rpm, and cost millions.

You'd be lucky to get close to 300bhp with an MA12

though on a more helpful note :)

you could get some good gains with beter breathing mods, better carbs and exhaust system, though if you are serious about spending the sort of money involved with a turbo, look at arnolds sticky about his pulsar conversion or look into a GA16 conversion or hunt around for a super turbo :)

Absolutely no chance

:(ok then will ma12 engine spin this massive t70 turbo have i think it is possiable may even put a simple anti lag system which i have read in a turbo book, where you can put an injector in the manifold & spray a small amount of fuel on the exhaust part of the turbine wheel this then creaties an after burn which should spin the turbo if i am write, what type of boost do you think would be suited for this engine, will be fitting arp head bolts as they are the best & on the the con rod bolts to, was hoping to drop the cc of the engine from a 1235cc to 1077cc witch then the piston will come up 10mm less in the bore so should be able to put more fuel and air in there for more bhp, thanks kev

turbocharging ma12

Absolutely no chance

ok why do you say no chance, is that because no one has had the b_lls to see if it is possible, plus if someone has tuned and a series mini engine to 300bhp why should't a bulett proof ma12 micra engine make 300bhp

sorry but your wrong the bmw f1 m12 engine in 1986 made 1200bhp plus and they only rev to 9,500rpm thats from 1499cc (Y)

Totally different engine to a modern F1 engine, as it was a 1.5 Supercharged engine, modern engines are 3.5L N/A in F1 which is why they have to rev to such a high engine speed.

Turbo's were banned in F1 around 1990 iirc.

ok why do you say no chance, is that because no one has had the b_lls to see if it is possible, plus if someone has tuned and a series mini engine to 300bhp why should't a bulett proof ma12 micra engine make 300bhp

Well I had the balls to get 150hp from 930cc and thats plenty without blowing engines everytime you go to the shops to get milk and bread for the missus and thats what you'll be doing.

Come back to me when you get a RELIABLE 300hp from an ma12 and I'll eat the spare HT10 I have here for my st

Regards,

Baz:laugh:

just to put into perspective what you said about swapping the conrods from the ma10 to lower the stroke and lower the c/r, in an ma12 with ma12 pistons and an ma12 crank and ma10 pistons the new c/r (compression ratio) woiuld be 3.64:1, now im no engine expert but im going to go out on a limb and say thats a little low?

f1

Totally different engine to a modern F1 engine, as it was a 1.5 Supercharged engine, modern engines are 3.5L N/A in F1 which is why they have to rev to such a high engine speed.

Turbo's were banned in F1 around 1990 iirc.

no it was not supercharged it was turbocharged using a kkk turbo

turbo micra

just to put into perspective what you said about swapping the conrods from the ma10 to lower the stroke and lower the c/r, in an ma12 with ma12 pistons and an ma12 crank and ma10 pistons the new c/r (compression ratio) woiuld be 3.64:1, now im no engine expert but im going to go out on a limb and say thats a little low?

sorry mate dont no how u hav worked that out are u sure your right, i thought it would in between 6.5.1 - 7.5.1 as the super turbo is 7.7.1

sorry mate dont no how u hav worked that out are u sure your right, i thought it would in between 6.5.1 - 7.5.1 as the super turbo is 7.7.1
The ma09 is completely different to an ma10 mate.Not that im disagreeing or agreeing with your compression ratio calculations ,it'll drive like an absolute pig.Your expecting abit much of the engine mate

with the piston 10mm short of the deck, i doubt you will have anywhere near 7:1 c/r fwn
what plans have you got for a suitable clutch and gearbox, and for pressurising the bike carbs kev ?

with the piston 10mm short of the deck, i doubt you will have anywhere near 7:1 c/r fwn
what plans have you got for a suitable clutch and gearbox, and for pressurising the bike carbs kev ?

hi frank the engine is a spare engine so reliabilty is not an issue, was hopping to use a performance clutch from the k11 if they would be able to be used, then try with the standered 4 speed gear box as i think they are very strong,if all esle fails then would see if it is possibile to fit bluebird turbo ratios in to the k10 gear box they would defo hold that power then, the car will only be used for drag racing ie this is why i need so much power to do the 1/4 in 10s, light car big power will = 10sec 1/4 yeah, as for the bike carbs dont want to run injection want to be differrent will hope to use suzuki gsxr 1100cc as dragsters use carbertors.

You're wanting to run a 10 second quarter with an MA10?

Suzuki GSX-R 600's do a 1/4 in around 10 seconds, you'll be lucky to get close without serious amounts of cash and different engine.

A car engine of this size CAN'T produce that power, it's impossible, they can't rev high enough to produce that sort of BHP. Plus the g/box won't be able to take it

Get a Acabion GTBO 70 engine if you want a small engine with loads of power, 689 bhp @ 9500rpm and only 1300cc

hi frank the engine is a spare engine so reliabilty is not an issue, was hopping to use a performance clutch from the k11 if they would be able to be used, then try with the standered 4 speed gear box as i think they are very strong,if all esle fails then would see if it is possibile to fit bluebird turbo ratios in to the k10 gear box they would defo hold that power then, the car will only be used for drag racing ie this is why i need so much power to do the 1/4 in 10s, light car big power will = 10sec 1/4 yeah, as for the bike carbs dont want to run injection want to be differrent will hope to use suzuki gsxr 1100cc as dragsters use carbertors.

Man I'm gonna say this to you your a fool for putting this on a forum, reseach this to the death , see can it be done (10sec 1/4 in a ma10/12 powered k10 not a chance I did a 14.9 in the st? Does'nt make sense what your planning) then get the parts build the engine dont tell everyone what your expecting from it before you have lifted a spanner because it just wont happen imho. Im not slating you as I have been in the same boat with the st but your counting your chickens a couple of years before the eggs are even fertilised.

Unfortunately every idiot that has watched fast and furious believes a 10 sec 1/4 mile is easy with a few neons and a bodykit. But even their '10 second cars' had turbocharged nitrous fueled 1.8 litre engines and bigger

Unfortunately every idiot that has watched fast and furious believes a 10 sec 1/4 mile is easy with a few neons and a bodykit. But even their '10 second cars' had turbocharged nitrous fueled 1.8 litre engines and bigger

no way a car with subs like that run 10s/ 1/4mile....i saw a £100,000 evo. stripped and modded t,f best it ran was 11.02

Well I had the balls to get 150hp from 930cc and thats plenty without blowing engines everytime you go to the shops to get milk and bread for the missus and thats what you'll be doing.

Come back to me when you get a RELIABLE 300hp from an ma12 and I'll eat the spare HT10 I have here for my st

Regards,

Baz:laugh:

I'm going to hold you to that....

Too many people in this thread have no idea what they are talking about, and are talking nonsense. Even the most smallest amount of wikipedia research would clear up so much of it.

It reads just like a pub talk conversation.

Too many people in this thread have no idea what they are talking about, and are talking nonsense. Even the most smallest amount of wikipedia research would clear up so much of it.

It reads just like a pub talk conversation.

And most of that you have to Thank the thread starter for.

T70 is slow on a 2.5l engine.

The fact this is an XS power one means it will last a matter of hours. It is as you said a complete no go.

CBR 600 also do around about a 11 to 12sec 1/4. The RR ones perhaps a very high 10 sec some say anyway.

Real info on the BMWF1 engine can be found here: http://www.gurneyflap.com/bmwturbof1engine.html

Loads of jap cars will easily beat Ferrari etc. Several I have done would be faster.

Anyway I am not usually so vocal any more but this thread was just stupid.

You're wanting to run a 10 second quarter with an MA10?

Suzuki GSX-R 600's do a 1/4 in around 10 seconds, you'll be lucky to get close without serious amounts of cash and different engine.

not ma10 engine the ma12 engine with 300bhp and cars weight of 710kg including driver should manage 10sec's

.. And wipe these of your face.

cheerios.gif

look thats whats wrong with this forum let the guy try without shooting him down. if he does do it then well done but if hes does try and do it and it fails then he will have learnt somthing. no wonder people hate posting ideas on here they are shot down straight away try some encouragment once and a while.

look thats whats wrong with this forum let the guy try without shooting him down. if he does do it then well done but if hes does try and do it and it fails then he will have learnt somthing. no wonder people hate posting ideas on here they are shot down straight away try some encouragment once and a while.

Thats not 100% true, if there was a realistic goal and an actual proper plan and a list of parts rather than "Can I use a T70 turbo, that is glued together that I bought off ebay, on a 1.2 litre engine and get a reliable 300hp?" Absolutely not. I'm all up for projects but not dreams

let the guy dream thats what everyone does anyways but you can turn dreams into reality.

hi there was wondering if it is possibale for the k10 ma12 engine will flow a t70 xs power turbo,

well let him buy them and try thats the only way some people learn lol

If he didnt want to know, he wouldnt have asked.

he asked and got a answer

only because of his blunt persistence he received sarcastic responses.

if you want my advice: your jumping in at the deep end, try a smaller turbo and a better goal , try 120bhp from a ma12, see what its like and how reliable it is.

If he didnt want to know, he wouldnt have asked.

he asked and got a answer

only because of his blunt persistence he received sarcastic responses.

if you want my advice: your jumping in at the deep end, try a smaller turbo and a better goal , try 120bhp from a ma12, see what its like and how reliable it is.

yeah like a ht10 from an st , I have a mani and turbo there and everything else

not ma10 engine the ma12 engine with 300bhp and cars weight of 710kg including driver should manage 10sec's

Even with the extremely difficult power of 300bhp that will give you a power to weight ratio of approx 0.4bhp/kg

Ferrari Enzo is 0.52bhp/kg and only runs around 11 seconds.

Ed's ST is fast, but not 10second fast, and if it could be done easily, I'm sure Ed would have done it already!

hi mate nice one for that you never no till you try

Thats not 100% true, if there was a realistic goal and an actual proper plan and a list of parts rather than "Can I use a T70 turbo, that is glued together that I bought off ebay, on a 1.2 litre engine and get a reliable 300hp?" Absolutely not. I'm all up for projects but not dreams

sorry mate but its no dream it is a project got most of the parts just need to source out internal parts now and intercooler piping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back