Turbo bike carbs

pork

Club Member
Jus something I was wondering, as an exercise in theory

, has anyone tried turboing bike carbs on a ma engine?
I've read that uncle bobs bike turbo guide a few times, understand the plenum idea , And pressurising the floats, what else would be needed?
Turbo size?
Fuelling?

Anyone know of any decent links I can read through?

So, from what I understand, I need, bike carbs with plenum and pilot tube incorporated. Pilot tube is fed to the vents on the carb floats. Fuelling wise, I'm gunna need fuel pump which is capable of higher psi than my turbo, return feed to the tank, and a boost referenced fuel pressure regulator.

How does the boost referenced fpr work exactly? Would it need a feed from the turbo?

Another question I need help with is, what do I do with the vacuum pipes from the brakes and advance? With the bike carb mani, I just fed it into that, but with a turbo, those will be pressurised, so there won't be a vacuum !?!? Or am I wrong?

Hi frank, does look very tidy, but (excuse my ignorance) where would I plumb it to? Surely all air going into the engine will be pressurised, so no vacuum? Or am I jus being simple

its plumbed into the mani pork (downstream of the throttle slides/plates) and like i say, there will be negative pressure there for 95% of your daily driving :)

Cool, the more I think about it, the more I wanna attempt it. :)

If I may pick your brain a tad more
How much difference in spacing between the cg and an ma? Looking at the glanza manifold that a few people have used?

Cool, the more I think about it, the more I wanna attempt it. :)

If I may pick your brain a tad more
How much difference in spacing between the cg and an ma? Looking at the glanza manifold that a few people have used?
the bores are the same eh (ma12/cg) so the spacing should be close, but the bolthole positions are more important than the spacing tbh :)

I'd have to weld on a new flange either way wouldn't I? Is there any other manifolds you would suggest that may fit better?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343593210.084906.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343593225.194467.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343593238.173328.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343593252.621896.jpg

Looks simple enough ;)

Back