super turbo

k11_998

Ex. Club Member
i have been thinking about getting a super turbo lately, to fully restor and maybe tweek, does anyone think its likely that i will find one, and any ideas on how hard it will be to restore, and how many parts are different from the other k10s

also i think i remember hearing about some one on here owning one, i would be really interested in hearing from him, especially if hes taken it out on a track cos i am interested in doing this

alternatively does any one know of any other rare micras

The person who owns an ST (Well, two of them) is Ed :) - ~180bhp, 1/4 mile in 14.01 @ 103mph or something like that

As for availablity, they are getting more and more rare (not a hard task for a car of which only 10,000 were ever made).

My advice would be to check with some importers, for example Jeonsung.net. I have seen a few STs on there from time to time, luck of the draw I think though.

As for UK availablity, I think there are 5 in the UK and 3 of which are SORNd.

James :)

if there are only 5 in the country, and 3 of the sorn, then ed must have the only 2 drivers

cheers tho will try some importers, tho if anyone knows of any of the sorns i'm not to bothered on the condition as long as the engines revivable

super_k11_1275 said:
if there are only 5 in the country, and 3 of the sorn, then ed must have the only 2 drivers

cheers tho will try some importers, tho if anyone knows of any of the sorns i'm not to bothered on the condition as long as the engines revivable
No I believe one of Ed's is also SORNd :) Andy B (used to be on this forum) has the other I think

James said:
My advice would be to check with some importers, for example Jeonsung.net. I have seen a few STs on there from time to time, luck of the draw I think though.

James :)

how much was they going for james?

There's never a price on there, you have to find one you like and ask the guy, plus the auction fee, and his fee for buying it, and the deposit, and shipping costs. There's never a definate price lol

I can get you one direct from japan if your interested, they are pretty rare but I have seen 3 or 4 in the last 6 months. I have been importing cars from Japan for the last 6 years and I'm a member of the japanese auction society, which means i have access to around 30,000 cars every day. I supply all my cars fully registered with 12mths mot and 6 mths tax converted and ready to go.
Let me know if you are interested.

AMY said:
I can get you one direct from japan if your interested, they are pretty rare but I have seen 3 or 4 in the last 6 months. I have been importing cars from Japan for the last 6 years and I'm a member of the japanese auction society, which means i have access to around 30,000 cars every day. I supply all my cars fully registered with 12mths mot and 6 mths tax converted and ready to go.
How much? Roughly :)

a bit (well a lot) off topic, but do you think you could get me an EP82 toyota starlet for about £3k?

Ian

AMY said:

i am very interested amy do you have some contact details?

please email me @ [email protected] most importers wont get them for me, ideally im after the straight turbo and not the super turbo

Ian said:
a bit (well a lot) off topic, but do you think you could get me an EP82 toyota starlet for about £3k?

Ian

i think i remember a friends boyfriend might be selling one, i'll gets some details and pm them if you want

i dont want to be a spoil sport to anyone, but think of the costs and future troubles of a car like this. It does 30MPG, costs about £3.5k initally and if something goes wrong, parts are scarce and expensive :s. Not that i dont want to see more micra turbos and super turbos in the club, would be cool :)

Ian said:
i dont want to be a spoil sport to anyone, but think of the costs and future troubles of a car like this. It does 30MPG, costs about £3.5k initally and if something goes wrong, parts are scarce and expensive :s. Not that i dont want to see more micra turbos and super turbos in the club, would be cool :)

this is a good point made, i would buy one if i had the spare cash,but onl as a 2nd car

Hi everyone, 2.5 to 3k is about the minimum I can get any car for, this is mainly due to agent fees in japan, shipping costs registration costs and the fact that you have to pay a huge amount of tax in this country I reckon even if I got the car free in Japan it would still cost upwards of 2k by the time its sorted. The good news is starlets and march's are cheap in Japan so I should be able to sort one out for around the 3k mark. If any one is seriously interested please email me at [email protected] with your full requirements I will then send you some pictures of the actual cars going through auction and auction sheets of what is available and you can decide what you want to do. Starlets are pretty common any k10's are fairly rare even N/A models but they do come up. If you see anything you like we can discuss condition mileage etc and if it's satisfactory I will bid on it. The good thing about doing it this way is that you will see the actual car and engineers report that you are bidding on, and not relying on someone elses judgment.

any questions let me know

You can also contact [email protected] if you want to import directly yourself as I did. He found mine and got it before it went to auction, But as Amy says, even if the car was free it wont be cheap by the time it gets here.

People live in a dream world with wanting the ST, If 3K is too much for the car you have no hope if anything went wrong. Turbos upwards of £900+ engine £1K+ (if you can even fine one) then there is gearboxes and the fact that insurance is hidious considering their standard performance isnt amazing. + fuel and the rest...

I allways tell people when buying a performance car, budget for two because if anything goes wrong it will be £££££. But don't let that put you off Japanese cars are the best in the world LOL!!

Back