turbo

B

benny lx

Hi how much effort and money is involved in putting a turbo on a k11 1.0l and is it worth it? wot car is the best to get one of etc...

cheers, benny

wouldnt bother doing it on a 1.0L you'd be better gettion hold of a 1.3 have a look in the bolgs might find some info there

i would agree i wouldnt bother with it on the 1.0L but if you are interested get in touch i have all the parts for a conversion if offered the right price.

i need a turbo davey....got one available?....

I will have a look and see, im not sure which one im gonna use yet so will keep you posted, most likely gonna be a brand new, ie fully refurbed (with reciept and guarentee to prove it) hybrid T2 with 360 thrust bearing. if it aint that its gonna be a GT25

List of parts? I have two full kits so i may compile a list, but ive got loads of bits, im in no rush to sell so i would only sell for the right price. basically it isnt going to be really cheap its gonna be costed sensibly for what it is.

True, if you really want to keep with a 1.0 for whatever reason then its fine, its only a problem if your really wanting more power as the 1.3 offers nearly 30% extra for so little.

Ed

That’s true you will get more power out of the 1.3. But you can change it to a 1.3 latter witch isn’t that hard and will be like new.
if your going for good gains and you put 1.3 pistons and cams in, all that’s left is the crank. that’s what I understand anyway.

I will have a look and see, im not sure which one im gonna use yet so will keep you posted, most likely gonna be a brand new, ie fully refurbed (with reciept and guarentee to prove it) hybrid T2 with 360 thrust bearing. if it aint that its gonna be a GT25

List of parts? I have two full kits so i may compile a list, but ive got loads of bits, im in no rush to sell so i would only sell for the right price. basically it isnt going to be really cheap its gonna be costed sensibly for what it is.

yeah sure thanks dave, keep us posted and pm me when your ready and ill have your old one off you... (or whatever you have at the time..lol)

yes thats my whole point...if i decide to have a 1.3 turbo later on all i will change is the crank and the flywheel and the gearbox...and add some nice forge psitons and new headgasket!

entirly yor choise at the end of the day dude!

Im thinkin in the future maybe puttin a larger engine into the micra, i was thinkin along the lines of a primera si. i know its no crazy turbo'd up engine but itll be quick. the question is would it be easy enough to do without have to make many/if at all any modifications?

cheers

It seems like your asking everyone to do the research for you. Its almost certain that modifications will be involved when it comes to putting an engine like that in your car, but what though? The majority of people won't know as they've never actually done it.

your best bet is looking at previous engine conversion threads, there's several 1.6 and 2.0 threads you can refer to to get some information from. If bits have been modified for those, you can put money on it you'd have to do the same.

thanks mate, thats all i wanted a bit of info if no one knew then they might know where to look and point me in the right direction.

cheers benny

Back