would this give me any better advantages recirculate
like fuel economy
and stop the fuel from running to rich

hope to get same advice

Attachments

• my micra.jpg
    my micra.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 347
that looks like an SR20 throttlebody brewey ? so i assume the BOV has been fitted post MAF.
that will mean that the MAF will think the throttle is still open when you lift (causing flooding on lift)

that looks like an SR20 throttlebody brewey ? so i assume the BOV has been fitted post MAF.
that will mean that the MAF will think the throttle is still open when you lift (causing flooding on lift)
so should i recirculate the blow off valve or not

mine used to stall on lift when i mounted the MAF pre-turbo, because the throttle was shut but the tubby was still slowing down/drawing air through the MAF.
so the MAF thought the throttle was still open.
a BOV mounted post MAF will suffer the same problem :) where is your MAF ?

not shore because I have not had the car long because the head had to get redone because of head gasket leak
yeh, i know :) but this pic shows what looks like an SR t/b, and another pic shows the car on a dyno with the turbo intake open-air, so i guess you have an SR or RB or whatever MAF in the chargepipe somewhere (pre BOV)

60680.jpg

yeh, i know :) but this pic shows what looks like an SR t/b, and another pic shows the car on a dyno with the turbo intake open-air, so i guess you have an SR or RB or whatever MAF in the chargepipe somewhere (pre BOV)

View attachment 24882

nice mine has a subaru turbo I am getting it tune next week will this help my car from stalling when lido same time
and should I vent the blow off valve or not what I was told I should or I could get defeated

first lets resolve the positioning of the MAF before asking bout the BOV.

any air flowing through the airflow meter will be detected by the ECU and more airflow = more fuel.

If the BOV vents to atmosphere and the active mass airflow meter is ahead of the BOV, whenever the throttle is closed during boost, the turbo is still winding down so air is still flowing through the filter, turbo, airflow meter and then out the BOV. all that excess air flowing through the MAF is still registered by the ECU (even though it hasn't entered the engine) and so it injects the amount of fuel relative to what it senses resulting in a brief rich mixture until the throttle position sensor see's the throttle is fully closed whilst the rpm is above 1k and cuts fuel.

If the BOV recirculates back into the turbo inlet but the active airflow meter is still located within the recirculation pathway (between the BOV and where the recirculation pipe enters the turbo inlet), when the throttle is closed during boost, air is still flowing through the fast spinning turbo, out the BOV, recirculated back into the turbo inlet and through the MAF, and the ecu once again assumes all that fast flowing air must be entering the engine and injects too much fuel.

If the BOV recirculates back into the turbo inlet, the BOV should be located away from the "recirculation pathway" (either between the filter and where the recirculation pipe enters the turbo inlet, or between the BOV and inlet manifold) so when the throttle is shut, the recirculated air is whizzing very quickly between the BOV and turbo inlet but the MAF located away from the "recirculation pathway" only detects the total amount of air actually entering the engine.

best location for the active airflow meter is between the BOV and inlet manifold (whether it's the stock TB MAF or an external MAF) cos it'll register whats actually entering the engine irregardless of what the turbo plumbings doing ahead.

vent to atmosphere vs recirculation?
imo vent to atmosphere is more for showing off and can cause MAF issues as explained above and actually allows the turbo to wind down faster during closed throttle cos the turbo has sacrificed all of its available spinning energy to compress all that precious energised air which is simply wasted away so the next time the throttle is open (ie during up-shift), the turbo has to slowly spin back up to speed before producing enough boost, therefore feels laggy

a recirculation system recycles all that pressurised air back into the turbo system even though the engine doesn't need it, so the excess pressure is fed back into the turbo impeller to keep it spinning for longer. this means the turbo winds down alot slower during closed throttle so the next time the throttle opens during up-shift, the turbo is more up-to speed and responds faster compared to a vent-to-atmomosphere system.

the recycled boost energy also results in quieter operation whereas a vent-to-atmosphere BOV simply expels that energy out as sound energy

Back