Too much pressure in valve cover on turbo K11

M

Michiel

Hi,

Since I have build a T20 turbo on my 1.3 K11 there's too much pressure on the valve cover. There is oil comming out at the gasket of the valve cover.

I have found on some other sites that it may come from the PCV valve which is shut down by the turbo pressure.
On a N/A engine the engine sucks air and opens the valve, on a turbo engine the turbo blows air into the intake manifold and also the PCV valve...
Now I have while driving on boost, too much pressure in the valve cover.
How can I reduce the pressure or open the PCV valve?
Or can I connect something different?

I have already one of the crankcase vents connected to the air intake next to the air filter.

Actually I want to wait to buy a thicker head gasket, because I think it can be solved in another way?

Please let me know.

Your following the wrong direction im afraid. There is only ever one way that will cause too much crank case pressure and that is if the pistons/rings are worn/damaged. there are 3 breathers on a K11 head. the PCV of when the car is on light load, idle, and the others at the far end of the head which goes to the air box etc.

I would first of all recommend that you try re-sealing the gasket on the crank case. You will probably find all is well then. If not get a new seal. or further still use a light coating of silicone sealer. Do not start playing around with pcv valves or headgaskets which are unrelated.

if you are looking for a thicker headgasket i have a 2mm aluminum plate which you may like to have ... well if i decide im breaking the car. you will need 2 head gaskets 1 top and 1 bottom to fit this. the previous owner had the car running 1 bar which i had turned down to 0.6 bar.

hope you can get this fixed mate also you got pics of your setup ?

stephen

Here's a picture of the setup at this moment:

motor.jpg

As I can see, all connections are connected properly, but I have my doubts about the line from the crankcase to the air intake (just below the filter).

Yes I know, I have the intercooler at home, I just need some time to place it :)

Back