What dump valve for 1.5 DCI

I want to fit a dump valve to the micra and replace the blow off valve, what should I buy (any thing cheap, not caring much) I like the usual whoosh (bammy i know) and how do I do it ?

I couldn't see a link to one on that thread dude ?

It will have a blow off valve being a turbo, they all do, but it'll be plastic and feed in to the exhaust more than likely an not do much.

Its the whoosh dump noise i want, i love it.

I think the point was you'll need an electromagnetic one with an oil-burner. DBW was mentioned, no? Most importantly will you hear it over the diesel clatter anyway? ;)

That was for a 206, no ?

Why would I need an electomagnetic one with an oil burner (never heard of a dump valve having an oil burner or needing one when its just air that goes in) ? when it already has a dump valve that isn't electromagnetic ?

The difference between after market blow of valves and the factory installed generally is the after market have a small trumpet opening to vent the sound, they work in the exact same way at the basic level, a spring holds the seal until back pressure of boost from the turbo reaches a certain point that cause the spring to give way to vent the excess air and keep the turbo spinning.

The only reason to use proper electromagnetic blow valves to my understanding is to "tune" the blow off valve, blow off duration etc which can all be adjusted on the valve itself with the spring tension.

There is a bov though ? there needs to be or you would have huge turbo lag as the back pressure would stop the turbo spinning dead.

23lmnh5.jpg

Diesels just have a bypass system dont they? Sorry after frank taught me this with my 206 we covered this at college :) the part in the picture is just the turbo actuator isnt it?

Back