Turbo Timer Fitting

Stani1029

Club Member
Has anyone fitted one to a nats micra here and would be kind enough to note where they put each wire, i believe ive tried all combinations possible and i just cant get the engine to stay on while keys removed

Cheers

why not just drive off boost for the last few mins before stopping at ur destination and then wait 30secs at idle before turning off plus it's free, more reliable and more secure :D

I sit for 1 minute sometimes 2, its just certain situations where im nipping in somewhere for a minute and need to wait. Where as i can let the car run for 5 mins so its running when i come back out or run for 1 minute so i know the turbo is going to be in working nick

the 30sec+ waiting is only if you've been pushing the turbo for awhile and it needs time to cool & spool down.
if its just normal gentle driving around town you don't have to wait.

if ur talking about say if ur late for sumthing then the choices are either:
- u wake up and set off earlier
- u run late and let the system cool down 30sec, saving the turbo from coking which saves time and money.
- u make the appointment in time by shutting down straight away but risk the expensive turbo damage later.
- u fit the turbo timer and risk an easier way for ppl to nick it

I never take my car to work so if im ever late for anything its unimportant, i cant drive the car hard anyway and i cant see how a turbo timer helps theft? Yeah the car will be running but as soon as the handbrakes let off the engine cuts, also the steering lock will be on and the car will be locked. Like i said its purely for nipping into my house, familys, my lock up, a shop etc.

well if ur only cruising around and patient enough to wait then there's no need for a timer :)
if the timer can bypass nats and control the IGN on/off, it gives a skilled enough robba an easier task to bypass the nats. wont go into detail
steering locks can be broken.

the easier and more convenient it is for the intended owner to access and drive their car away, the same can be said for the unintended owner, when given enough resource and determination.

How does it bypass nats though? The chip in the key is a MUST on startup and it wont be there at anytime. I dont see how anyone can start my car without the key/chip

Feel free to pm me on how to steal my car lol

lol
i said IF such device can bypass the nats when the key's removed (other than removing the nats system itself)

Lets just say im not worried, ive got it fitted and working now with handbrake. So feel free to come find my car while running and smash the window, snap the steering lock and drive it while the handbrake is on and see how far you get LOL ;) Please tell me if im missing the point? I can only see my car being stole if uplifted or steering lock snapped and pushed away lol

you could let it idle from a 5th injector maybe stani ? (nats wont disable that eh) a small one, so that it idles ok but dies if you give it any throttle :)

Back