DIY - Turbo Manifold (Concepts + Pics)

mik

» CMF Member
Ok guys, tonight i was kind of bored, so i tried to sort my concept of a DIY (do it yourself) turbo manifold. I cruised to a local dealer, where you can get pipes of steel and stuff like that. So i found some 90 degree bends made of 4mm thick steel. I bought six of that type. Also i bought a plate of 12mm thick steel, which would/could be the plate where the "exaust outlet / engine end" would fit. Then i drove home. I took an old K11 Manifold and marked the fitting holes on my steel plate, then drilled the holes. After i took measure of the bigger holes, i went inside. I took my hot glue gun, and tried to glue those bendings in an order which made a sense to me (guess maybe there are other ways too)

Upcoming pictures, are the result of my glueing. On top of this paper pipe, there should be an flange welded, where a turbo could be fitted. I'm shure i'll give it a try, because those steel pipes doesn't cost so much at all. Between the pipes and the plates should be a distance pipe too, but i guess just for developent it works fine.

What do you guys think? If we can work an cool concept out, i'm shure i will do a whole tutorial in welding your own turbo manifold. Share your thoughts please :)

Mik

Attachments

• 12684.jpg
    12684.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 43

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
looks ok, but i recon you'd want to the end runners pointing all in the same direction..err hard to explain..instead of having the gases flow back towards the middle from the top down, have it just go straight up

cisco

» CMF Member
Nice and direct Mik, yeah if possible, see if you can get the two outside runners coming to point into the same way the other runners are going. Otherwise as aaron says the gas is going to have to bounce off everything and go the wrong way.

mik

» CMF Member
Yeah, i'll try to run the first and fourth into an better flowing position. I think with a good concept, its not that hard to weld your own manifold (with welding expirience)

I'll go to the steel dealer again, because i need some other steel tubes. Will write a part list, when anything is done.

cisco

» CMF Member
Aaron, that's a mighty manifold.

Hey that pipe from your compressor to the air filter, is that a factory 200sx/silvia one?

I need that exact pipe I think.. This performance guy on 1 March has some spare I think.

mik

» CMF Member
Aaron, i'm pretty lucky a good friend works at a laser cuting company, and will to this in his spare time for me. I just need to measure and do small a sketch.

Attachments

• 12757.jpg
    12757.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 50
Back