I have completely removed the turbo and exhaust manifold. I've made templates of the screw pattern and hole size of the exhaust manifold and exhaust input on the turbo. Now I just need to make an adaptor plate to join the two. I will most likely port the exhaust manifold, increasing the diameter and hopefully reducing any restrictions. The original intake side pipes fit so no modifications needed there.
Update: Managed to get some adaptor plates plasma cut out of a 5mm steel plate. The parts were designed in CAD. Two of the parts are adaptor plates which will be used to attached the turbo to the original exhaust manifold without any modifications. The adaptor plates will bolt to the manifold and tirbo, whilst sitting fit flush with the surface by countersinking the wholes. The two plates will then be secured to each other using 3 seperate holes. The smallest part will have a steel tube welded to it and attach to the turbo outlet to the engine. The last part will also have a tube welded to it and used for the exhaust output on the turbo. I will update again once the parts have been sanded and the holes tapped
Update: Finished the plates and attached the turbo to the manifold. Had to undo engine and gearbox mounts to tilt the engine slightly forward to make enough room for the larger turbo. Thankfully the turbo could have its intake and exhaust housings rotated freely making it easier to find an ideal position for oil feed and drain as well as the wastegate. Oil pipes were made by bending spare solid piping and making them fit. A pipe from the wastegate/VGT actuator is attached to a pipe going to the vacuum pump. I am still experimenting with the the VGT, if possible I would like to control it mechanically. If not, I have sourced the solenoid originally used to regulate the VGT.