turbo sounds....

CMF_Yash

» CMF Member
well am new here...am from mauritius..am thinking of buying a micra soon so wanted to know certain things before buying it.just wanted 2 know if ur micra turbos make the sound 'tiissss' wen u press the clutch on high rev?? is there any special kind of turbo which makes that sound??

CMF_Yash

» CMF Member
thx man...then i'll just go 4 the micra,lol...i just want my micra 2 do that sound 'tiiissss' wen i press the cluth to change the gear...

CMF_Brendon

» CMF Member
but turbos do make a very cool spooling up sound. high pitch hiss when spooling.
The Tissss noise is from the Blow off valve. its a valve situated at start of plenum or on the intercooler piping that when turbo pressure is built up from acceleratng when you take your foot off the accelerator the compressed air in the piping is released from the pipes. if there is no bov present in some cars when you take foot off accelerator it can make the car still want to accelerate coz of all the built up pressured air in the pipes.

i hope that made sense. i havent been awake for long.

CMF_Brendon

» CMF Member
just to re emphasize. the sound does not happen when you depress clutch. its when you take your foot of acclerator.
you could always buy a dodgy NA bov. they use something on a NA engine to make the noise. but if you got one of those its not cool. its more you become a loser!

CMF_Yash

» CMF Member
i'll check out the videos u sent me...thx for the info...i always thought its wen u depress the clutch that the sound occurs..but is it possible and good 2 put a bov in a micra?

Back