Strange problem - maybe someone will have a clue?

CMF_Martos

» CMF Member
Hi there. My mate asked my to take his Micra out for a spin as to see what i thought as he thought there was something not quite right with it. He wasn't wrong. When accelerating, a squeaking noise could be heard, and when my foot came off the accelerator there was a kind of bump through the car. Generally, acceleration wasn't even when driving and gear changes were sometimes hard to make. But the strangest thing ( and someone here might know what it is, hopefully) was that when coming to a stop, with my foot on the brake pedal and the clutch in - the engine makes a noise that sounds as though you'd revved the accelerator two or three times and then goes to normal idling sound. Any ideas?

CMF_solarice

» CMF Member
Has he checked the engine mounts, they could be dead which might explain the thump youre getting coming off acceleration.

I guess a maf / idle valve problem (maybe needs a clean) to the poor acceleration / idle issues.

Its also possible the exhaust somewhere has collapsed / blocked up (backbox for example) restricting the engine performance...but tbh get him to check everything that could possibly be linked, in case its something even more simple :D

Back