New weird sounds

After troubleshooting (and fixing) a couple of other weird sounds coming from my Micra, I have now gotten a set of new ones that bother me. I can hear some sort of ringing/whistling sounds of different pitches and frequencies coming from somewhere. I have not found any pattern as to when the sounds occur, but it is usually not at low speeds at least. There are also a number of different sounds that keep changing. The only consistency I have found is that applying the brakes slightly usually makes it go away, but sometimes they come right back when the brake is released. I know finding the source of sounds like these are very difficult, but if anyone has experienced something similar, any pointers are greatly appreciated.

I'm thinking it might be brake related but any rotating piece could most likely make a sound like this as well ...

Edit: It might be related to the fact that we now have moved on to winter here in Norway, since both salt and cold weather could be doing funny things to my car.

Last edited:
Sounds like it needs a brake service- brake pads changed and caliper grease or if faulty , replaced. It appears that one of the calipers gets stuck or that there is some de rus stuck there. Also discs should be checked.

Back