Turbo help

First time posting on here i was looking into low end turbos and found a t15 turbo fairly small anyone know if it would work? And any tips on what i will need ?

Any turbo will work.. the smaller the better for you really. They'll handle the boost you'll run.
You'll need all the usual turbo parts. Oil feed and drain lines. Modified sump. Mappable ecu or piggyback. Intercooler if running higher boost levels

Little hijack here but relevant, @ h701micra, wanna ask, if you run 8psi of boost would it still need an intercooler? ans the boost isn't that high enough or am I wrong?

J

Little hijack here but relevant, @ h701micra, wanna ask, if you run 8psi of boost would it still need an intercooler? ans the boost isn't that high enough or am I wrong?

J
Depends on the turbo :)
Larger turbo will make 8 psi with little effort hence cooler air.
Smaller turbo works a little harder to make the same boost so warmer air.

Around 8 psi I wouldn't worry too much about one either way. Its down to your preference bud :)

and the need for an intercooler can depend on the ambient air temps, mine is thriving on the current cold and damp conditions :)

aaah, ok, so im running a garrett T3 on my car and the turbo itself is upfront, bascally you can see the turbo if you were to look into the front grill!! and with the garrett is an intercooler needed?

J

aaah, ok, so im running a garrett T3 on my car and the turbo itself is upfront, bascally you can see the turbo if you were to look into the front grill!! and with the garrett is an intercooler needed?

J
modern turbo diesels run about 20psi J, and quite a lot of heat is produced at those levels.
but at half a bar the gains are far less eh

Any turbo will work.. the smaller the better for you really. They'll handle the boost you'll run.
You'll need all the usual turbo parts. Oil feed and drain lines. Modified sump. Mappable ecu or piggyback. Intercooler if running higher boost levels
Thanks would i need a modified manifold or would the stock one be ok?

Back