turbo

so i should be good providing i replace my h/g :) cheers karl what manifold is best to use the glanza ones?

Belly93 said:
so i should be good providing i replace my h/g :) cheers karl what manifold is best to use the glanza ones?

No the Glanza ones are best for bigger tubbies, talk to frank about a mani

just to start with frank so i can get the idea of the conversion sorted and sort niggles out before big boost :)
Sure :) the inlet port in the turbine closes down to about 12mm dia, so it spools from about 2 k, and 1st gear is like an on/off switch

had a look did you use the 1.7 td mani? or was it a custom as i had a quick look at both threads and on the start of the first thread it doesnt say anything about the mani

can anyone tell me would this turbo be ok to fit to a standard cga3 without serious risk of engine damage? and as i first turbo as this will be my first time fitting one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/vauxhall-...CarParts_SM&hash=item4606e91736#ht_559wt_1271

Well im running a big T3 turbo which is about the size of the micra rocker cover and its been fine so far!

Do it matey... its awesome.

260040_10152099347250029_2050335598_n.jpg

This is the pic, it's on my phone!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347493930.882314.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347493953.053234.jpg

This if I'm not mistaken is the HKS kit, I believe it ran 7psi with very few mods! This is the kit in question!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347494122.756564.jpg

Pepper

What is the F-con? Piggy back or engine management?

I have a HKS manifold and planned to make my own kit to run 4psi with nistune!

I plan to do a turbo application for the sake of having it rather than for power figures, I just want it to work!

What are your opinions on this working well or badly? I know a FMIC will help but without, would it kill the car or just be a little more inefficient?

Pepper

The td05 is huge mate, and probably only gets to half of its design speed on a 1.3 engine, so the compressor is creating less heat, the t15,s on the other hand were spinning like the clappers and needed intercooling tbh
i see so if i do go with a t15 be best to intercool :)

My oil burner spools to 17psi (about 1.1 bar) and has an intercooler and makes 85hp. The model with the same engine but no intercooler, makes 62hp so intercooler is a big deal at higher boosts like Frank said :).

My oil burner spools to 17psi (about 1.1 bar) and has an intercooler and makes 85hp. The model with the same engine but no intercooler, makes 62hp so intercooler is a big deal at higher boosts like Frank said :).
cheers guy :) doing lots of research before i buy anything :)

paul (polly) has been running with stock internals for a while eh

the CGA pistons dont have the deep slit cut into the oil control ring groove, but the crown does,nt look very strong (thinner than CG)
so forged internals would be best?

What can the 1300's run boost wise without pushing my luck on standard internals?

Think id always heard 10psi, but apart from that never any pics etc to prove it was the engine reaching its limits and not a fueling etc error that caused the failure. Obviously that in itself is tricky.

Mines (CG13) stock internals and has been at 5 - 8psi for a bit now and i dont think its gotten any harm done to it.

Back