turbo

Power is not based on the turbo but a good map! My turbo Micra in the past was bought from Mr Grassie running 1 bar on standard internals with a 2mm spacer head gasket! He used an Apexi AFC to "map" it. He made so many errors I'd need a whole thread for it but his biggest mistake was mapping it himself!

I took it to a tuner up my way and without changing a thing I got 12hp more from REDUCING the amount of fuel used by 50% duty.

I eventually sold it to "he who shall not be named" for an undisclosed figure of £600!

So don't focus too much time on what boost you can run and instead what engine management is best for you! A **** build with a good map is far superior to a great build and **** map!

Pepper

Power is not based on the turbo but a good map! My turbo Micra in the past was bought from Mr Grassie running 1 bar on standard internals with a 2mm spacer head gasket! He used an Apexi AFC to "map" it. He made so many errors I'd need a whole thread for it but his biggest mistake was mapping it himself!

I took it to a tuner up my way and without changing a thing I got 12hp more from REDUCING the amount of fuel used by 50% duty.

I eventually sold it to "he who shall not be named" for an undisclosed figure of £600!

So don't focus too much time on what boost you can run and instead what engine management is best for you! A #### build with a good map is far superior to a great build and #### map!

Pepper
thanks for the advice like i say its all research and all advise will be taken in :)

another question, with me having coilpack ignition rather than a dizzy does this mean i deffo need to remap if i turbo and will the fuel need adjusting? such as injectors? would be running a t15 to start with

another question, with me having coilpack ignition rather than a dizzy does this mean i deffo need to remap if i turbo and will the fuel need adjusting? such as injectors? would be running a t15 to start with
you hav,nt got a dizzy to turn back/retard eh :) you might be able to re-position the crank sensor ? but it would probably throw up cam sensor errors tho.
and bigger injectors alone, would overfuel at low throttle eh

So be just as easy to get ed to map a ecu ? And not reallly feasable to reposition the crank sensor as it would mean making another hole in the bell housing which id rather not do,

So be just as easy to get ed to map a ecu ? And not reallly feasable to reposition the crank sensor as it would mean making another hole in the bell housing which id rather not do,
you could re-position the flywheel dowel eh, but that would mean removing the g/box AGAIN lol :D

Thanks just that company who made my evo manifold are happy to make me a micra turbo manifold and would like to make it suit a turbo every one would like to use as I no there not really a manifold out apart from the hks kit I like the t25 idea as you can use the t28 on same flange what do you lot think

I don't no I don't think so hence I'm getting a manifold made but as I'm getting one made I like to get it made for a turbo most people would like to use on there micra so other people can get one if they want

Message Antony Aiken for his manifold, stainless HKS copy be cheaper and comes with a good turbo! Save you a lot of money!!!

Pepper

I do have a kit for CG13s if you guys are interested, i dont know if it'd fit CGA, i think it does, but its designed for 4 bolt T25's and the exhaust flange/downpipe is 5 bolt too! (If you dont have any luck with a good price, mines in my t-build thread)

I was planning on using it on CG13 as from working out from the Turbo Map, the CG13 cfm would be able to yield a good amount of its power, let alone a cga3.

I havent done too many turbos, but a T25 at .60 trim would be pretty optimal for a CG13, when i eventually get saved up and working properly i'l have another crack at the turbo scene, i love learning about all of it!

Back