Turbo fuel parts/fuel control system etc for turbo charged 1,3

tnyg

Club Member (Trial)
Hi there.

I have among others already collected most of the "outer mechanical" parts for turbocharging the CG13DE as 'a kit', such as a T3 turbo, manifold, intercooler, various hoses, BOV, WAG, dumptube from WAG, intake airfilter, oil catch can, downpipe, boostcontroller, turbotimer, fuel pressure regulator etc. I am planning to run the system at 0,5-0,6 bar with standard internals. I still miss/want to buy
- 'a decent' fuel/ignition mangement system (E manage/megasquirt? - preferably as simple as possible to set up/alter and/or with a "quite good" preset) - possibly even just a standard ECU, without NATS?, preset for such turbo system?
- uprated fuel injectors, appr. 175-200cc @3 bar (GA16?)
- 2 mm. metal head gasket to lower compression/increase strength
- suited uprated fuel pump
- wideband lambda sensor
any comments with regard to other parts that may come in handy or suggestions for alterations to the above, esspecially for the fuel system, are very welcome.:laugh:

Thomas

E-Manage Blue is a fairly straightforward system to use.

Yep. The T3 is at least physically huge. I have understood that at low boost it should work though. Are there 'presets maps' up for grasp/'laying around' for the E manage system working in a turbocharged system similar to the one I will install?

I actually don't know. The car was produced mid 95 (and first registration 96)

with it being a pre-facelift, your best bet might be for ed (fusion, on here) to mod your stock ecu thomas (he will probably have a basemap as a starting point too) :)
and cant you leave the C/R at 9.5 for now (if you,re only going to run at 1/2 a bar ?)

Thanks. I might give Ed another try - it would be great just to have an additional stock ECU which was modded to swap with. Thanks for your comment regarding 1/2 bar and not needing to lower compression - I think you're right.

Thanks for the input. As I have grasped it, its not bad 'to run below (to the right of) the surge line' - but if one has to go to 'a too' high rpm to get below the surge line - then its bad. If 'too little a part' of the useable power band is to the right of the surge line, e.g. only from 4500 and upwards, I will have to get hold of a 'smaller'/more suited turbo in order not having to run at 'too' high RPM to see proper/any turbo effect - more or less right? ;-)

Anyone who at least have some suited injectors which will fit and/or a suited fuel pump? - possibly both from a SR20 system?

Back