new turbo micra owner

CMF_K11SS

» CMF Member
i recently purchased this micra from a member of this site however he was registerd here from dundee and he cut and shut the standard manifold to have a T2 turbo flange welded on it to build the car from there.

so i just got a few questions now :-

1. what is the best optimum fuel pressure to run the micra (currently at 3 bar which to me i think is a bit high)
2. is it necessary to run an uprated fuel pump on the car with only 0.6 bar (using an FSE fuel reg and 1.6 injectors)
3.does anyone know what the clearence volume of engine is standard and what it may be with a 2mm spacer in it ? ( so i can work out compression ratio)
4.how feasible is it to run the car on just an apexi and retard the timing by turning back the dizzy ? (having it rolling road tested tomorrow)
5. the power delivery is not smooth, it's like full power for 2 secs n then half power for 1 and this continues through the rev range

thanks alot

now my plans, to fit an apex power fc, have new manifold made with full exhaust system remade etc ... basiaccaly i plan to finish this project

thanks again stephen

CMF_K11SS

» CMF Member
pic 1 ....
1192075524_l.jpg

pic 2 ....
1192063579_l.jpg

pic 3 ....
1192068455_l.jpg

any more will be taken on reguest :)

CMF_K11SS

» CMF Member
had it on rollers and i got 90kw at wheels with 9psi :)

now its broken due to something in the Throttle Body or apexi, its flooding engine straight away as soon as you turn it over :(

stephen

CMF_K11SS

» CMF Member
so today i was at AVA and i got the car mapped, it ran 118 horse power at the wheels and i will post up the pictures of the graph to let you all see, but now it doesnt start. when i looked at the apexi it said the air flow was at 97% with just ignition on, i guess when i try to start it i just flood the engine due to it being so rich.

i tested this on 3 TB's and i got 97% on all 3. the guys who tested the car said the 3 TB's seem to be working from just a quick check

so any ideas?

stephen

23092006504.jpg

23092006505.jpg

23092006506.jpg

Back