trouble starting the thing!

.kiz

Buy & Sell Member
ok so as you know, english weather means it rains alot
anyway due to this, my car wont start :(
well it start on rare occasions, but the other times it wont
it tries for about half a second then nothing, not even a sound.
im wondering if the micras have a problem with starting in the english weather, as we are hardly japanese.
if this is the case, is there a way to prevent this from happening?

more than likely the battery, the cold weather takes its toll on older batterys to the piont where the battery needs replacing

well one thing is for sure, it cant be the battery
i got a new one when i was sold my car
i will give some wd40 a go around the dizzy, i just think the rain at the moment has been so silly that its playing up with my engine

wrenchable

yes wd used to cure a metro i had with the same symptoms, but i did it while the engine was running once and got a massive ball of flames :eek:

Take the dizzy cap off and wipe it out, removing any moisture from inside it. Make sure the seal around the cap (it's on the dizzy) isn't damaged. I had this problem for ages, and replaced the leads for some decent ones (Nissan) and it seemed to fix all my problems.

But yeah, if your car is totally dead, it's most likely the battery.

its not totally dead, it turns for a ltitle bit then cuts out.
also all my stereo and such is working fine, no power prob;ems

i have this problem most mornings....well not as bad....but when mine judders in the morning (on idle) i just pump the gas pedle. this seems to help, but if i leave it then it stalls....

Reference to the Distributer Cap....i've got one of those Rubber covers that goes around it, damn fine piece of design...recommended (Y)

Back