Starting trouble...

Dusk

Deactivated Account
When i get in my car at the beginning of my day, be it 6am, 11am or 3pm my car has trouble starting.
I start the ignition and it ticks over like usual but nothing happens, it has the symptoms of being flooded. I unplug the fuse and it still ticks over, its like there is no fuel. - after replacing the fuse it still does the same
However when i push the car, jump in and bump it - although it is abit reluctant it does start, why would it start from a pushstart and not a normal startermotor start...?

Pumping the accelerator when turning the key does not help either...

any ideas?

Could be a dirty fuel filter mate, or air filter. When was the car last serviced? Id go for plugs, air & fuel filter and see if you have any luck with that! Its not that expensive to do this anyway and its all very easy stuff :)

Daz :alien:

first try self diagnostic see if any faults come up

is it ok for the rest of the day? after you get it started in the morning

I could replace fuel filter aye, ill do that tmw, it certainly wont be the air filter that is causing it...

if its an induction kit it wont be anyway, pull off one of the HT leads n earth it to the engine n crank it, see if you are getting a spark, dont touch the lead tho because its rather sore if you get hit with the spark hehe!

Let us know how you get on mate!

Daz :alien:

you could change the coolant temp sensor with a known good one,might be that whats causing the overfueling

have you got a multi meter? you could check the sensors like lambda etc to see if thats working. does it smell like its running lean or rich. i take it it aint the throttle body thing is it. you might as well try to resolder it coz its free.

Probably the throttle body mate. Have you still got your old one off your other engine?

If so swap it over, and it should run ok. ;)

I'll do them tyres for you in the next week too. :)

-Elliot

Back