Tough little engine

hissyfizzy

Ex. Club Member
I've now got to say that the MA10 engine is a tough little engine.

The one I've got has boiled over, timing been out by over 20 degrees, Cam shaft wheel came off and still the engine is running.

Why can't other engines be as tough

hissyfizzy

yes they take some abuse, i,d say you were lucky tho, it must have jumped 1 tooth the other week when you said it would only run on max advance, then it probably jumped another tooth when the pistons were kissing the valves !

I think I was very lucky, I've only ran it long enough to do 1/4 mile not at speed though just through the city. It is making a little bit of tappety noise sounding like something may be loose. Now that the belt is timed correctly the valves will need checking, also may be a little bit of damage to the pistons and valves so they might not be closing completely.

It's running just Tappety noises well more of a clattery like the engine has no oil. I'm thinking the alternator wheel is loose

bearings might be spinning if it has been ran low on oil...

or you could have a broken valve spring?

I've now got to say that the MA10 engine is a tough little engine.

The one I've got has boiled over, timing been out by over 20 degrees, Cam shaft wheel came off and still the engine is running.

Why can't other engines be as tough

They are based on the BMC A-series engine, and they really are indestructable!

Based on..
Nissan bought designs of the A-series, and many of their engines, including the MA 10 and 12 are based on the A-series, they obviously updated the engine, but the recipe is still there!

Back