TOST - The Official Spam Thread

Did you make a cake or 2?
....no :oops:
.....mum got one from Asda.....is way bigger than I could have made in any of the cake tins I have :cool:

...he hasn't got any presents....no-one knew what to get him, so he got nothing ^_^
I was hoping to get him something at the car boot sale this morning but the weather was against us
....although i did still manage to spend £6.50 on some books and a couple of dvd's for myself :p

.....there's another one on tomorrow, hopefully someone will have a torque wrench that my dad will find sexy :rolleyes:

Haha love it. Didn't know what to get so got nothing :D I like this idea.

At least you've treated yourself :p

Men find all tools attractive. Can stand and stare at em pointlessly for hours :D well I can anywau

Back onto the subject of headlights and HIDs

Has anyone tried LED headlights? I don't mean the crappy H4 style bulbs covered in LEDs. I mean purpose built LEDs with ballast.

Examples:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-H4-H-L...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35d4b6a634

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PAIR-Of-C...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5af9f8cb4b

They output around 1800-2200lumens (Similar to HID) when traditional halogen bulbs output 1000-1500lumens.

Opinions?
What about the legal side of things?

Number plate lights, talk to me

hqdefault.jpg

What size are they?

Was looking at my CG throttle body while discussing intake designs with Welly, was wondering if anyone had bored out the CG throttle body to take the butterfly from the GA throttle body to get the potential gains without the ecu compatibility issues? Looks to be enough meat between the throat and the idle control passageways, and should give a ~33% increase in throat cross section...

Was looking at my CG throttle body while discussing intake designs with Welly, was wondering if anyone had bored out the CG throttle body to take the butterfly from the GA throttle body to get the potential gains without the ecu compatibility issues? Looks to be enough meat between the throat and the idle control passageways, and should give a ~33% increase in throat cross section...
yeh, stani did iirc andy

Looks like theres loads of space left! Could probably go as wide as 54mm if you were brave, but how wide are the inlet tracts? Probably a bit pointless having it too much larger ID than those :)
inlet tracts are 30 ish ? x 4 and more "pulsed" too :)

drove and audi a4 1.9tdi quattro at work today.

i was quite disapointed was ####
I drove my Brothers 1.8 turbo A4 Avant once, well I parked it...
felt hemmed in and cramped, and I'm used to driving a small car like, y'know, a micra, never felt so clostrophobic in a car

....The R8 is purrrtttty though LOL

I drove my Brothers 1.8 turbo A4 Avant once, well I parked it...
felt hemmed in and cramped, and I'm used to driving a small car like, y'know, a micra, never felt so clostrophobic in a car

....The R8 is purrrtttty though LOL
normal 1.9tdi arent too bad but with it only being 130bhp it seems crap as it loses powerd through the 4wd system

normal 1.9tdi arent too bad but with it only being 130bhp it seems crap as it loses powerd through the 4wd system
Learnt to drive in a fabia vrs that accidentaly came from the factory with a pd150 instead of a pd130. Fun car if you kept the revs up. Turbo lag kills a car for me though.

Learnt to drive in a fabia vrs that accidentaly came from the factory with a pd150 instead of a pd130. Fun car if you kept the revs up. Turbo lag kills a car for me though.
i tottaly agree andy it sucks if i could afford to id supercharge. usually the pd130 engines are pretty quick but that was kak

There are only three A539s left at Yokohama direct in 175/60r13, what's going on? I hope they haven't stopped making that size. Anyone know?

Why do you think so?

They do 50 profile, but it's a fair bit more expensive. Also a 185 section but that's going to be squishy on a 5" rim. IMO they are a sweet spot in price vs. performance.

175 50 13 is what i run... Brilliant tyre, and not to expensive for what it is

Don't bother with Ulysse 0-60 calculator, its too slow to update the speed, I topped out 3rd gear and it still wasn't saying I'd hit 60 yet...

I can't stand my friends having dirty cars. I fixed it.
amere5ad.jpg

Also went to the local garage .. Found this. Was soooooo clean, but that price :/
ahapuser.jpg

'Sent from my bed using paper planes'

Back