TOST - The Official Spam Thread

That's alot for a turbo. When perfectly good and as capable ones can be had for much less :/
I could buy a turbo which slowly disintegrates. Especially when I will push 20 odd psi. Its a turbo I could use on other builds too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I could buy a turbo which slowly disintegrates. Especially when I will push 20 odd psi. Its a turbo I could use on other builds too.

A T3 would happily sit at 20psi no bother :)
20psi isn't a great amount compared to some of the stupid stuff turbos can do these days

T3 is suited to 2litre motors no? I see the idea of going to a bigger turbo, a t3 is cheaper to buy/cheaper, but the spool up time would never be as fast as a t2? Its suited to my 1. I like the nippiness. T3 is for bigger L engines. t2/t25 turbo seems to me like a good option. Plus I have a good quality setup so far. Engine and everything else has been paid attention to, the t2 on atm hits power nicely at low rpm. I dont see me going past 200@wheels with the 1.3 so the t2/t25 seems like the right spool to power ratio I want
@h701micra

Last edited:

the average diesel runs 18 psi stock boost nowadays chris :) i want to do a hybrid next too

T3 is suited to 2litre motors no? I see the idea of going to a bigger turbo, a t3 is cheaper to buy/cheaper, but the spool up time would never be as fast as a t2? Its suited to my 1. I like the nippiness. T3 is for bigger L engines. t2/t25 turbo seems to me like a good option. Plus I have a good quality setup so far. Engine and everything else has been paid attention to, the t2 on atm hits power nicely at low rpm. I dont see me going past 200@wheels with the 1.3 so the t2/t25 seems like the right spool to power ratio I want
@h701micra
T3 is like the tiny turbo of the big engine world.
Uber reliable. Very strong. Parts everywhere if needs be.

I think your engine would spool a T3 up no issue. You'll have to come over oneday so you can try out a few turbos before you go spending :)

T2/25 would be pretty spot on too, but wouldn't your air charge get a tad warm at a constant 20psi?

T3 is like the tiny turbo of the big engine world.
Uber reliable. Very strong. Parts everywhere if needs be.

I think your engine would spool a T3 up no issue. You'll have to come over oneday so you can try out a few turbos before you go spending :)

T2/25 would be pretty spot on too, but wouldn't your air charge get a tad warm at a constant 20psi?
I suppose, and to be honest, cooler air, and more traction in 1st and 2nd would be quite nice. Upside to a slightly bigger one eh.

i have to see what turns up really andy :) i doubt if it would be t2/3/4 tho, they,re a bit ancient now :) the yard i use lately has a few VNT one in atm
Ancient but reliable :)
VNT on the compressor side isn't it?
Combined with a twin scroll exh housing?

Ahh I see, the vanes de-restrict airflow at low spool speed to reduce rwsistance to the mass of air the turbo is moving allowing it to spool up faster, guess that allows a small engine to spool a bigger turbo. Pretty clever.

Must just be me because I can't see anything :/

VNT in my understanding is the compressor side version of twin scroll setups
In the sense its rpm dependent :)

Hey! Il inked you that on Facebook :p

Thief @h701micra
animals-turtles_00378845_zpsa7c669c6.jpg

What had brought on people asking others of what should be done to their cars. The Civic and vag boys are very much like that. What should I mod next and how should I make it look. Am I missing something?

Don't think its really that. More thinking is that how car modding just is ?

In all honesty yea apart from the small handful out there..
People only stick with
A. What's tried n tested and lack imagination to do something new
B. They value the opinions of others more than their own and usually only value "looks"... like everything else in this judgemental world

People only stick with
B. They value the opinions of others more than their own and usually only value "looks"... like everything else in this judgemental world

Sounds like somebody needs a hug...

Sent from the Magpie's magical nest using Tapatalk

People only stick with

I don't think everyone has the same creativity or confidence in their own abilities to be able to try new things...it's safer to start with the tried and tested first and go from there...

I don't think everyone has the same creativity or confidence in their own abilities to be able to try new things...it's safer to start with the tried and tested first and go from there...

Yup :)

Most people lack funds to think outside the box!

They can soon spend £300 on some wheels but won't pick the ones they like... they'll pick the ones the audience like... thats my point

Everyone looks at what everyone else is doing and tries to make a cool car by copying then wonders why looking like everyone elses cars gives them no attention haha

Does anyone know anything about Rimblades? :oops:

I'm tempted to get a set in Red for my, soon to be, black wheels...Then my car will be closer to my Gran turismo whip :p
Kyoto-Gion_1_zpsb3006b5d.jpg

....it will never be exactly like that but...close...er :D

Thoughts?...
Certainly easier than a pin striping brush :p

Everyone looks at what everyone else is doing and tries to make a cool car by copying then wonders why looking like everyone elses cars gives them no attention haha
That's why me and andy get no love.. To much like everyone else.

I'm tempted to get a set in Red for my, soon to be, black wheels...Then my car will be closer to my Gran turismo whip :p

Thoughts?...

Just Brush it :p

Thoughts?...
Don't do it there isn't enough people doing it so we know its not scene enough.

Back