TOST - The Official Spam Thread

As a few of you lot are mechanics, do any of you know of any PROPER reasons not to get one? :p
My uncle has a 1.3 Turbo (I think that's what he said) drove me home one night on some twisties, one of the nicest hatches I've been in. Lovely power delivery and comfy. I don't have any proper reasons for or against though ..

'Sent from my bed using paper planes'

My uncle has a 1.3 Turbo (I think that's what he said) drove me home one night on some twisties, one of the nicest hatches I've been in. Lovely power delivery and comfy. I don't have any proper reasons for or against though ..

Would have been the 1.3 diesel.... Faster and better stock handling than a micra, and cheaper to insure :)

rege6a2y.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

We virtualise most of our servers at work on a total of 8 physical servers and only 3 or 4 being the main ones. The rest are for dev use

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Funny thing is that fan boys shout Linux all the time. You couldn't build a computing system for business use on Linux and still have ease of use for the users.

it's because users are lazy and used to windows
Its not lazy. People want to be productive in other ways. Linux is great fot those who want to get all nerdy but windows users just want it to work without effort

Its not lazy. People want to be productive in other ways. Linux is great fot those who want to get all nerdy but windows users just want it to work without effort

I mean to lazy to learn a new os, anyway enough geek talk from me I left that industry a few years ago and try to have little to do with it now.

They both have their strengths and weaknesses.

In a corporate / business environment - Windows Server all the way tbh

For web hosting: Gotta be *nix.

They both have their strengths and weaknesses.

In a corporate / business environment - Windows Server all the way tbh

For web hosting: Gotta be *nix.
Windows server for simplicity/domain but Linux servers for web hoting, files server etc etc

I'm looking at getting a Linux file server running at work and perhaps migrating some other services from Windows or running them parallel for performance comparisons.

Certain Linux distros can be used with very little effort too.

The time where Linux was all super "nerdy" has gone.

It's also being widely accepted by governments around the world: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Linux_adopters#Government

Running Windows server at work makes me want to poke my eyes out.

The problem with a Linux fileserver if you have Windows clients, is the SMB protocol.

On the Linux box here to my Windows box it's much slower than using NFS from Linux to Linux

horses for courses.. they both have their positives. slowly but surely there are linux alternatives which are viable bussiness application.

The problem with a Linux fileserver if you have Windows clients, is the SMB protocol.

On the Linux box here to my Windows box it's much slower than using NFS from Linux to Linux
All I got from that was NFS.
I like Need For Speed too. Pro street was my favourite.

I did my degree in computer science then worked in IT and did some programming but grew to hate it.. Now I work in the water industry and get to spend most of my days outside :D and travel the country. Don't think I could ever go back to 8 hours a day in an office.
When I see people talk about IT stuff it makes me glad I left.

I did my degree in computer science then worked in IT and did some programming but grew to hate it.. Now I work in the water industry and get to spend most of my days outside :D and travel the country. Don't think I could ever go back to 8 hours a day in an office.
When I see people talk about IT stuff it makes me glad I left.
During my apprenticeship they tried to make me do a 3 month placement in an office... I kicked up a fuss and 3 meetings later it was removed completely from the maintenance apprentice training schedule :)

Got an induction day to my new job at Waitrose today!
Can finally stop feeling so guilty about leaving school.

My flatmate works at the Aylesford distribution centre, very good company with good benefits.

He gets tickets to their box at the O2 quite regularly too!

Back