TOST - The Official Spam Thread

I've seen a few banded allot threads on miscellaneous forums. Most people don't recommend it by the looks of things

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

Ah damn!

The real problems in life is the likes of this wanting a nice dishy set of alloys but still in love with the ones you've got :rolleyes: haha

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2

Had a nightmare drive yesterday!

Went out a wee cruise with a few mates seen as it was a decent day and we went to a little beach but who was leading failed to tell me the last part of the drive was a narrow dirt track filled with potholes on the roads and major camber on the road so I ended up scraping and rattling my bumper off 3 1/4 of the road there. Won't be going back anytime soon :rolleyes:

Chucked my Olbas oil away the other day. Got man flu now.

Chucked my old spare 7900GS graphics card in the bin the other day. My 8800GT's fan failed and it cooked itself.

Growl.

I'll stick to Nvidia, purely because of decent Linux support.
Last time I had an ATi (HD4870) the driver quality was downright awful.

BUT ATi is far better at GPGPU and mathematical power.
BUT Nvidia has CUDA? Hmmm, decisions.

And I'll avoid SLi, it has its uses, just not for me.

I'll stick to Nvidia, purely because of decent Linux support.
Last time I had an ATi (HD4870) the driver quality was downright awful.

BUT ATi is far better at GPGPU and mathematical power.
BUT Nvidia has CUDA? Hmmm, decisions.

And I'll avoid SLi, it has its uses, just not for me.
I'm an old bugger so I'm not even gonna pretend to understand! :oops:

Bloody cat's wandering again! ;)

cat+keyboard.jpg

MicrAde said:
Back with a vengeance :(

Roads are gridlocked, people are taking 2 hours to get a few hundred yards :eek:

How odd, almost looks like a summer day here!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

Drained some oil out the sump.

Measured a little high on the dipstick...simple I thought.

Well, I jacked the car up, got a 2L bottle and cut the side off to catch the oil. Gently undone the sump plug but accidentally dropped it into the bottle!

Problem: 2L bottle wont hold more than 2L of oil :p So I had to quickly dig around trying to find the plug whilst making sure I didn't spill any oil.

Well, I spilled a some oil (mopped up with kitchen towel and cleaned the floor), drained a bit too much and then realised I had no fresh oil.

So back in goes the crud I just drained out...

Realising I actually wanted slightly thicker oil I drained the oil again! and filled up with some old 15-40 I had kicking about.

I've got a GTX580 and it absolutely scorches through Seti@home with CUDA :).

Any Scottish turbo nuts fancy turboing my car? I'll supply whats needed and you fit? Little project for ya? No? Yes? No?

Bit of a long shot? :rolleyes:

Wanting a turbo'd micra with zero knowledge of doing it is frustrating :p

Any Scottish turbo nuts fancy turboing my car? I'll supply whats needed and you fit? Little project for ya? No? Yes? No?

Bit of a long shot? :rolleyes:

Wanting a turbo'd micra with zero knowledge of doing it is frustrating :p

And here's me thinking yous were all mechanics on this forum :p

Haha I used to work in IT and I'm now a student again doing media, I'm about as far away from being a mechanic as humanly possible! I also have gay hair and lady arms!

The biggest hurdle for me and a lot of people when it comes to gaining mechanical knowledge is time - not in a 'oh I'm so busy all the time' sense, but because my car is my only means of transport, if I ever want to do any work it HAS to be done by the end of Sunday. Never done any big projects but I'm not looking forward to the time when I eventually have to accept the fact I'll be using the bus for a couple of weeks :p

Looked on howmanyleft to see how many March's there are, and there's only 30 1.3's and less than 10 of them are '96 ones. I wish I could find out how many of those are March G#s though..

Back