2009 Micra/March & new March R turbo

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
Has anybody stumbled over this yet?
The new March has grown in every dimension over the current one. With a wheelbase of 2450mm and a height of 1495mm this new march should comfortably accomodate four adults neatly. The length is increased to 3750mm (up by 25mm) and width is increased by 35mm to 1695mm.

3-cylinder HR10DE 1.0 litre and HR12DE 1.2 litre engines with 25-30 km/Litre fuel consumption.

Nissan’s new March will be launched in Japan by April 2009 and it will hit the Thailand market by September 2009. Expect the new March in India by 2010.

In addition to the low cost March for developing countries like India, Nissan will also come up with a sporty variant of new March. Remember, nissan rolled out the first March R as early as 1989 with highly advanced sequential compound charged (supercharger plus turbocharger) engine. The new March turbo will get a sporty body kit inspired from iconic Nissan’s GT-R. Featuring 16-17 inch wheel, racing bucket seats, sports steering wheel and metal plaque the new March turbo would be one of the best sports hatchback ever made. True to its body kit, the new March turbo will get a spruced up 1.0-litre three-cylinder petrol super-turbo unit churning out 140bhp at 6,000rpm. So it should be powerful enough for a 0-60mph time of around 8 seconds.

Next generation Micra, codename X02A,W02A

Nissan will compete in the entry-car market with a dedicated new A platform that will be used for at least three models, including the next generation of Micra, and will be built in five Leading Competitive Countries (LCCs). (Japan,China,India,Thailand and ?)

Production sites for this family of compact cars will include the new plant in Chennai, India, being constructed by the Renault-Nissan Alliance. The development of a competitive A platform is one of several business breakthroughs announced as part of Nissan GT 2012, the company's new five-year business plan.

To date there are 4cyl HR15DE & HR16DE engines, both sharing a 78mm bore.
I am guessing the HR12DE shares this 78mm bore & the 83.6mm stroke of the HR16DE, giving an 1198cc capacity.
If the HR10DE used the 78mm bore, it would have a 69.6mm stroke, much shorter than the HR15DE 78.4mm stroke.

The K12 micra is based on the B platform, as is the Tiida. I'd imagine a new smaller A platform might offer some weight saving.

Is 5th LCC Mexico?

smidge

» CMF Member
would compete nicely with the fiat punto turbos and things like that

there is demand for them, people have to step out of their thirsty skylines into something new eventually..

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
deNs WROTE:

"If the K13 March R really ends up looking like that... FWOAR! Love the GT-R style grille haha!<BR><BR>I really can't see Nissan Australia bringing it here though. Grey import anyone? <BR><BR>---dens

We will get them.

Our K12 is sourced from Japan. Unless we get chinese built K12's, we will get the new model very soon after Japan does.

yay. Looks good!!!

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Yom, after the whole 6-or-so year wait for the K12, what makes you so sure we're going to get the new one so soon after Japan? I was specifically referring to the March R as well.. It'd be awesome if they did bring the R here, but I would've thought it'd be more likely if we just got the standard K13 (and be lucky if we got a manual while we're at it!).

---dens

smidge

» CMF Member
twin charging is fun if nothing else

makes good sounds, people like it...

i was surprised the supercharger helped me get off the line and get a nose in front of Geoff on the weekend :D

all over once he got traction in higher gears tho!

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
Dens the K12 was a test to see if Australians would buy into the small car Nissan had, unlike the K11 which sold poorly. If sales are strong I was told Nissan would be bringing in the new March in 2009.

CMF_LonePhantom

» CMF Member
Well it seems that the K12 has sold ok, I've seen a fair few around. Hopefully this new model will be a little more gender neutral, especially if there is talk of a performance model. It will be a seller.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
quite simple really dens.

nissan won't make the old crap model alongside the nice new model.

so unless we get the south east asian built k12, we will get the new model practically as japan does.

cisco

» CMF Member
I've lost all hope with Nissan and any form of small-fast cars coming to Australia any time soon. Even if they did, I don't think I'd buy one any more.. They were pretty hopeless with their after-sales parts availability for the micra once it was 5+ years old.

CMF_daily_ricer

» CMF Member
aj, what was the link you had for that info? I found this also:

<a href="http://www.autoincar.com/tag/nissan-micra/">http://www.autoincar.com/tag/nissan-micra/</a>

I don't know how old the info is but...

<I>"According to Nissan design director Shiro Nakamura, the new Nissan Micra, which is already in the design stage, will adopt a more conventional and aggressive or sporty look that will appeal to the male buyers.

“There will still be a strong family look, but we do need to attract more male buyers,” Nakamura said."</I>

Lol, you think?

The images I'm seeing make it look like a cross between the current K12 and the Ford Fiesta XR, I really don't mind it actually. I'm just wandering why all the "small" cars these days are increasing in size. I love the K11 because of its small size, ease of parking etc, but park it next to the new swift or the yaris and they both look big in comparison.

CMF_LonePhantom

» CMF Member
daily_ricer WROTE:
I love the K11 because of its small size, ease of parking etc, but park it next to the new swift or the yaris and they both look big in comparison.

Tell me about it! We have a new Swift and the Micra, and the Swift does look pretty big against the Micra.

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
I read through many different articles, forums & nissan media releases, that was one of them.

I didn't see much relivance with the test mule, it's clearly a K12 & the K13 will be built on a totally new platform. Sure it's probably powered by one of the new motors & it may have the radiator & perhaps by the looks of it also the lights, but it's hardly a giveaway of the new look, just look at the exhaust pipe.

Manufacturers nearly always make their newer models larger over time.
Compare an early 70's Corolla or Civic with the latest models.
The wheelbase of a 00's model Corolla is only 20mm shorter than a 90's model Camry (2600 v 2620mm).
Look at the Holden Commodore.

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
Another picture doing the rounds

Attachments

• 43405.jpg
    43405.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 43

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
yeh, agree with kre, and personally im sick of all the manufacturers making there cars look similiar to each others. If i wanted a mazda then I'd probably just buy a mazda mx5 or mazda6, the k11 is so small that it's just plain awesome, anything larger (even slightly larger) and i would prefer to just move straight to sedan sizes and own another v6 or v8 turbo.

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
and personally even though this is digging up a post grave... I really hate mazda 2 interior design, its like they sacrificed front passenger and driver space and comfort for a larger hatch/boot space. I've been a passenger in them constantly lately and they are made of cheap firm rough material, and talk about clones... look at the holden barina, internally almost the same and all the door handles are creaky because they constantly make them out of separate materials (ie. 2 pieces of plastic joined together for 1 handle). wtf is the point of that...

rant over :)

Back