todays problem - wipers!

Vitus992

Ex. Club Member
I now have an intermittent issue with the wipers.
When doing a wash wipe sometimes it wont do the wipe bit unless i move the wipers on to the secons speed, when its like that the intermittent wipe does not work either.
As i say it is an intermittnet issue and when the wash wipe does decide to work so does the intermittent.
IS it a relay issue or dodgy wiring in the stalk?
Thanks for any info.

Mines similar mate

Except mine work fine except when I turn them off they stay were they are

It's like a whole new game of timing it perfect so try stop at the bottom of the window, Tis rather annoying :)

Hoping it's just relay too but haven't investigated further :suspect:

My brother had the same problem asyou Martin where they just stop in the middle if the screen. He tried everything to sort it out because it was an MOT failure due to obstruction of the windscreen. He eventually found the problem to be with the plug itself on the wiper motor. After pulling the plug out slightly, the problem was solved.

Result!
Unplugged the block connecting the wiper moter and gave it a clean and all seems ok.
Thanks for the heads up.

Is this connector easy to access? I might have a look lunchtime as my wipers don't complete on intermittent, they stop half way then restart again, then stop, then start, never properly completing a full cycle.

The connector is on the motor its self, this is under the bonnet bolted to the firewall on the passenger side on mine.

Thanks, found it. Will give it a clean tonight with WD40 although it looks okay.

Whereabouts is the wiper relay? I may swap that if cleaning the plug doesn't cure it.

Back