todays part musings

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
while looking through various struts to see what i can come up with to lower my mates EE80 corolla i came across these, suzuki alto struts. thought hmmm, wonder if these would be good for a k11, they are a lot shorter, and the lower mounts are almost in the same place, may need a slight file to get them bang on....then dug out the spring and top cup, they are the same size at the top as the k11, center hole is bigger on the alto one, but im sure these will swap from the k11

020420121746.jpg

020420121747.jpg

fair bit shorter
020420121748.jpg

020420121749.jpg

020420121750.jpg

hehe im going to have a look at the topmounts today see if i can get the micra ones to work on the alto struts. i already have coilovers on my micra but if i can get this set up to work i will fit them and see what the results are and let yall now :D

im in cardiff. just strupped both top mounts, results are epic, basically looks like all i need to do to get the micra top cup to fit is drill out the hole from 8 to 10mm use the standard alto top spring cup and bearing then the micra top mounting cup and we are winning!! the bearing is pretty much the same as the micra one, just a flat bit of plastic!!! amazing haha

will get one built up later and show the difference in height of the legs, prob wont get around to fitting them till friday on my day off

heres a pic of the top stuff

030420121752.jpg

alto mount bottom left micra one on the right, next to it. note the difference in hole. the micra spring cup and bearing top left, alto one bottom right.

looking like it could be near 80mm judging by the size difference in the struts :S depends what rating the springs are i suppose. looking forward to finding out, standard ride quality while still being low is looking good haha

depends what spec it is, the auto one is 800kg give or take and micra manual is around 775 - 800 apparently. my coilovers are bouncy as flip anyway :D

Why were they poop? because the bottom of the car didn't touch the ground? You made it sound really quite easy to adapt them. Was the damping any different to stock etc?

damping was a little harder due to more spring tension. wasnt as low as i was expecting, easier to just fit lowering springs, and more cost effective unless you work in a scrappy

Back