few simple questions about lowering

OK,ive searched all over the forum before posting,ive also searched all over the internet (to the best of my ability) to answer these few questions about lowering a k11

For me personally i think im going to use suzuki alto/wagon rear springs on my standard front shocks and i think im going to use corsa b rear shocks with my standard rear springs and cut a couple of coils of them.

Ok thats great,but:

I know the rear shocks of a corsa b will fit with slight filing of the bushs on the corsa b shock but what about the bolts that are used to actually hold the corsa b shocks to the rear of my micra? do i need to use the standard bolts of a corsa or standard bolts of the micra?

if i use the rear springs i mentioned above with my standard front shocks how much of a drop am i looking at? and same for rears using corsa b shocks with standard rear coils off the micra with a couple of coils cut?

and does anyone have any pics of there car using the above setup and advise on any other bits/parts i may need to actually make this setup fit and work on my micra?

I have all the tools and spring compressors and everything else to actually do the job of lowering my car and have lowered a lot of cars in the past at home without problems.

i know i will also need to get a adjustable panhard rod too and finally im not really looking for answers that say ''just chop your springs and keep all your stand shocks'' type of answer although having read alot on here do it this way without problems.

sorry for rambling on lol but need to know ive got all the right parts/nuts/bolts and anything else i may need before starting the job in hand.

thankyou :D

the suzuki rear springs are very similar to the matiz ones for drop/length/dia, and they are all probably slightly different in strength
and the corsa rear lower shock bolts are m10, k11 are m12

cheers Frank.the m10 bolt i need to use to bolt up the rear corsa b shocks,i assume i need 4 altogether? 2 for each shock (Top and bottom) or is it just M10 bolts for the 2 bottom holes and use the micra M12 upper bolts for the upper bolt holes?? also,if the micra uses M12 bolts how is a M10 bolt going to actually thread onto a M12 thread? or have a missed something?

you either drill the corsa bottom bush out to 12mm and use the k11 bolt, or else just use 1 x 10mm bolt and whack it up tight:)

using a M10 bolt,the actual thread this bolt goes into,is that simply a nut on the opposite side of the rear shock to hold it in place on the chassis or is it a actual threaded section on the chassis that the original M12 bolt threads into?

nice one.thank you Frank.:)

just going back to the lower bolts,ive not actually looked at how it all sits on the car as it is now or took any bolts out to look but,if i use the M10 bolt/nut for the lower bolts on the corsa b shocks any idea what length bolt i need to buy? as i dont want to take it all apart and then realize the m10 bolts/nuts ive bought are too short to fit through the shock/brackets and have to mess about putting it all back together and go hunting for longer bolts.

Back