Throttle response issue

N1554N

Site Supporter
I have a 2001 automatic 1.4.
I recently replaced the MAF sensor after the eml light came on (diagnostic showed this to be the problem) so i replaced it and the light went out.

however, since replacing this part, i've noticed that when accelarating (i.e. when foot is released off the accelarator then pressed back down) there is a momentary hesitation then it kicks back in. it's almost like it starts to accelarate - hesitates - then has to catch up...
it only happens when i take my foot off the pedal and press back down.
it doesnt dip or stall at idle or when accelarating from different speeds (e.g. from 20-30, 30-40 etc)
it only happens when i take my foot off the pedal and reapply the throttle.

i'm struggling to figure out what this could be other than the new MAF. i may try unplugging it and seeing if this stops.
anyone had this issue before with a new MAF? its an aftermarket one off ebay, so could just be a bit of a **** one - the last one off ebay didnt last long!
but if these are signs of another issue, i'd appreciate knowing your thoughts. seems like it's getting to that point where lots of things are going to keep going wrong.....

check if the TPS is working. it affects instant acceleration enrichment.
when disconnected or broken, there would be a brief delay like 0.1s between WOT and when the revs pickup during free revving.
when connected, the revs should instantly respond.

check if the TPS is working. it affects instant acceleration enrichment.
when disconnected or broken, there would be a brief delay like 0.1s between WOT and when the revs pickup during free revving.
when connected, the revs should instantly respond.

could you be talking about this bit:

Adur-20111020-00114.jpg

Back