throttle body problems

hi there all,
i am new to this forum and i came on here hoping that somebody could give me some help with my sick k11 micra. i have just replaced the throttle body and the problem i am getting is that when i start it up from cold in the morning in shoots up to about 2000 rpm when warm it goes down to about 800 rpm. i dont want to sound to stupid but do i just give the idle screw a tweak or is there more to it than that. please help me someone !

Mine was the same but I've messed Around with the throttle position and tick over screw seems fine now just have a play ;)

i was having problems with jerking of the engine, it felt like a fuel blockage, it was cutting out at low idle, high fuel consumption, and black sooty smoke emissions.
i had a friend repair it a couple of years ago,he soldered inside the TB, but it went again so thought i would treat myself to a new one

yea just warm up the engine and screw the idle bleed screw clockwise till it idles at 750rpm

make sure the throttle cable has bout 1mm slack too when engines warm

Guys, could someone show me that screw is on the TB? I think i saw it but just want to make sure its the right thing im looking at :grinning: Mine could do with plus 50 RPM when engine fully warm. Guess it need just a little bit of retune :laugh:

Thanks,
Alex

Guys, could someone show me that screw is on the TB? I think i saw it but just want to make sure its the right thing im looking at :grinning: Mine could do with plus 50 RPM when engine fully warm. Guess it need just a little bit of retune :laugh:

Thanks,
Alex

its the black plastic hex-key one on the corner near the brake cyl (on a rhd car)

Mine is LHD, will check it out frank thanks (Y) I thought it was that screw.

So if i want to raise the RPM when car is fully warmed im supposed to drive it for a while till the engine is fully warmed and just rotate that screw a bit and check the RPM on the gauge? Its supposed to be like 750 right? I just want to stop it shaking a little bit :grinning:

Mine is LHD, will check it out frank thanks (Y) I thought it was that screw.

So if i want to raise the RPM when car is fully warmed im supposed to drive it for a while till the engine is fully warmed and just rotate that screw a bit and check the RPM on the gauge? Its supposed to be like 750 right? I just want to stop it shaking a little bit :grinning:
it just diverts air around the butterfly alex, so 1/4 turn out should be plenty :)

Thanks man for the quick reply, will probably try it today after work and will give a feedback here (Y) I guess i need plus 50 RPM to make her run normally (Y)

it just diverts air around the butterfly alex, so 1/4 turn out should be plenty :)

going on this throttle body series/episode, i done gone and got my butterfly adjusted so it is fully close when throttles off.
question is, is that ok to do?

u adjusted the butterfly stopper, is that with ur waxstat cam mechanism removed? long as the butterfly doesn't jam when slam shut tis ok.

Back