Throttle Body Problem?

Hi everyone,

I hope you are all good during these rough times.

I have a 93' pre-face lift, 1.0 k11 Micra. During these past few moths I have been have some running troubles with said car. First symptoms were running rich and misfiring badly (it almost seemed like it was running on three cylinders). I have done an overhaul to the spark plus and the distributor and it stayed the same. After I've done some research and found out that the mass air flow sensor (integrated in the throttle body in this model) was a common issue. I've disassembled it and resoldered the pins like some suggested. Now the symptoms are:
  • When the mass air flow sensor is connected: it runs rich (no more misfiring) with a lot of black smoke coming out of the exhaust and the idle is super low (sometimes it even stals);
  • When the mass air flow sensor is disconnected: at idle it runs perfectly but when I accelerate it hits the rev limiter (or sounds like some kind of rev limiter) between 2000 and 3000 rpms (I can say a number for sure because my car doesn't have a rev counter).
I think that said mass air flow sensor is the problem but I can't know for sure and since replacing that is about 250 pounds because it only comes with a new throttle body (at least here in Portugal) I would like to be at bit more certain.

Did anyone had a similar problem or can give me some pointers on whats cause this issue? Also, if this sensor is the issue, do you guys know if any company or store that repair these sensors or if it sells only the sensor (without the throttle body)

Thank you in advance!!

Last edited:
are there any ga15 engine cars in portugal ?
its a similar throttlebody

First of all, I really appreciate your answer!

There are some 100nx and sunnys around here so I guess some of them may have that engine option so I can look into that (due to taxes on engine size, here people usually buy the smallest engine available ahah).

And they are compatible and is it a simple swap?

Thank you very much

Im not sure if the ga15 is available there. Id say it isnt. Why not just buy a used throttlebody from a known working car? 1.0 and 1.3 throttlebodies are the same.