Throttle body

Hi Everybody, Has anybody resoildered the electronics in their throttle body to fit a 20 yr old K11 as mine is starting to play up i.e. engine stops when parking the car or the engine dies suddenly when awaiting the lights to change? And I'm worried that this will happen & I'll be rear ended by another driver. I have asked about this before & had no straight answers about this subject, so is there anybody who can help in this matter? And have noticed a lot of refurbed throttle bodies availabl;e on Ebay , the one I saw tonight said it won't fit the bosch body, is that from a newer micra or mine, so I don't know if I could fit this to my Micra Shape 1.0 1998 model.

Yours peter0003
P.S. is there any Nissan micra events on ?

It's a very simple job ,remove the cover using a knife or scalpel, then simply with a silvering iron reflow the solder on the board
And there is two types of tb, a dizzy one from 92 to2000 and a Bosch one for the coil pack from 2000 to 02 you will notice the dizzy tb is larger and had a tin cover on the side.
IMG_20190519_232610_885.jpeg

Sent from my moto g(6) using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Mine started to fail and it idled and ran ruff , due to a simple dry joint and it can vary with how it affects the car
Has the car been serviced , does the idles raise when you switch the lights on the idle control valve could be at fault ,
Is the car idling about right? Not too low , throttle position sensor working or possitioned right ,
That's all the comes to mind
There is alot of old posts about throttle body problems , I'd recommend using the search on the forum ,

Sent from my moto g(6) using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Adding on to what was said above, if you remove the connector to the throttlebody and it idles better then it confirms the need for the resolder

Don't drive without it connected though it'll potentially cause damage

Back