Throttle Body NIGHTMARE!!!

It started back in November 2010 when i had to re-solder my AFM circuit board wich worked for 2 months then i had to purchase a new recon unit from BBA-REMAN wich then drove fine for 1 month and then became faulty......They had me down as priority to receive my unit and turn it around by thursday last week so i could go to Riviera Run at the weekend...............Wich then they decided to tell me they had nothing in stock!!! So then a major panic was on and luckily Mr Humphries came to my rescue and sent me 1 over night wich i fitted and drove the car to newquay and back perfectly...........Today my 2nd Recon unit arrived from BBA REMAN and i fitted it and adjusted the usual screws e.c.t but car seems to be oscilating its revs when on idle and driving in 1st gear..................My mechanic and Matt both told me its a faulty TPS and the unit obviosuly wasnt recond correctly.

This has been a absolute nightmare for me and the car and all i ask is to have a working throttle body :down:

So now the advice ive been given is return my unit and collect my money and go buy a working 2nd hand unit and pray it works.

Anyone know of any companys that sell decent working units???

Jas

no idea but i do know that if you xcan find one from a g15de it will bolt on to the standard engine w/out adapter plates if your running a standard engine...

The ga15 one bolts up fine to the cg I have one on my sisters super s (my old one) but good luck getting one in the uk the ga15 was only available in Japan and it cost me over £120 to get it. Honestly not worth the money for the gain

Well thats now th 4th TB to fail on me.................PLus i had to put my dog down yesterday so im not a such a great mood right now grrgrr

Has anyone got a reliable working TB they can sell me on friday when i get paid?

Is it preface or facelift cause I've got one for a preface came out of my super s only covered approx 50k miles never been soldered and never had a problem with it before I swapped it for the ga15 one

Back