Throttle Body on a November 2000 model, 1.0L ,3dr, Micra S

CMF_jared_1978

» CMF Member
Hello

I am new to this forum so you'll excuse me if I am repeating earlier threads.

I see there are many threads on throttle bodies but they are all full of a lot of auto jargon that I don't know too much about - specifically part numbers of different throttle bodies.

I have a late 2000 model, 1 Litre, 3 dr, Micra S, manual gears. I have had a look under the hood and the throttle body seems to be a Bosch part.

The car hardly runs at all - when just started it struggles to get faster than about 20mph and won't accelerate. You can almost hear it misfiring as it strugglees to get fuel into the engine. When the car is warmed up it runs better but no matter if you change up gear or down gear the revs drop dramatically. It is almost dangerous to drive.

I have taken it to a mechanic as the engine light is on and he has told me that its the air mass meter that is faulty but as it is all part of the the throttle body then I'll have to get a new one.

On this forum I have seen the soldering fix but I think this could be for the older throttle bodies that the Micra has up to 1999.

Can anyone tell me if there is a fix for my particular throttle body other than buying a new/reconditioned unit?

Cheers

Jared.

Back