This time something is broke

Optispart

Ex. Club Member
I was driving along and the car started revving high like it was in neutral, and all gears select but there is no drive, clutch feels fine.

any ideas

well basically you can select gears but the car wont move its like its still in neutral, i can put it in first and bring the clutch all the way out and nothing happens doesnt stall just keeps idling its like the gear are not engaging.

Agree with Jinta, Did you not get any strange noises at all?

Surely you must have noticed this prior to the actual failure of the clutch?

Like.. the car taking a while to engage or very slow acceleration at low revs?

frank i thought that!
there is no resistance in the pedal just feels normal and there was no symptoms prior to this what so ever! ill have a good look today. still need the help though lol

I would say its possibly the least possible cause...but check the gear linkage under the car, theres a few different bolts/bushes attaching it to the car and gearbox.

The only other possibles are the clutch cable (though youd be getting grinding if it had snapped and the gearbox is engaging fine)...the clutch itself or the gearbox.

more time consuming really :)

a dead gearbox is something id expect you to have noticed as it happened, but is still very worst case.

depends how you drive tbh, as the clutch could have gone quickly if you were giving it some grief at the time.

well it is the clutch when it had a new one back in 2006 before i owned it the cable was really tight due to the old worn clutch and was left in that posistion all the way throught its short life lol new clutch going on should be done tomorrow.

woonder mate i found out that one spring has broke out of my clucth plate and disintergrated in to little bits and then anothe one snapped wasnt good cost me 260 pound to get it fixed and it was worth it

cheers for asking well, my gearbox had two mountings sheard off and the bolts holding it together were loose the fork that is connected to the clutch was seized,
they sorted it all drilled and retapped the mountings new clutch changed gear box oil, tightened it all and sorted it all out for 149.36.

The car drives amazingly better the clutch is sooooooooooo light now its mint and it bites straight away im very very happy i love the car more haha!

he also reckons my car would pass emmisions with the janspeed.
dunno thought just gonna try lol

Back